Adobe Acrobat Reader is the global standard app for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents. You can view the documents in real-time and handle the document management system. With the liquid mode available, you get the best PDF reading experience. Further, the app offers dark mode support, and you can protect your eyes and save the device’s battery level. With the Adobe Reader app, you can fill in PDF forms quickly, and the app also allows you to E-sign documents using your finger or stylus. Furthermore, you can connect your Google Drive account to access PDF files, and you can also view and share Google Drive files directly in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Acrobat is now the full PDF ecosystem that works on the desktop, mobile apps, Chromebook, and the web. From this article, you shall learn the steps to install Adobe Reader on Chromebook.
How to Install Adobe Reader for Chromebook
Here, we have discussed two methods to install Adobe Reader for Chromebook.
From Play Store
Adobe Reader can be installed from Play Store on Chromebook if it runs on Chrome OS version 53 and above. Firstly, you have to enable the Google Play Store on Chromebook. To do so, follow the steps given below.
1. Select the Account icon and then choose the Settings icon.
2. Next, click on the option of Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook.
3. Then, select the option Get Started and click I agree to accept the terms and conditions.
4. Further, select the Sign In option and click on Accept.
Once enabled, follow the steps listed below to install Adobe Reader on Chromebook.
1. Launch the Play Store app from the launcher of Chromebook.
2. Tap on the search bar to type Adobe Reader and press the Enter key.
3. Choose Adobe Acrobat Reader from the search results.
4. Click Install to install the app on Chromebook.
5. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
6. Now, you can use Adobe Acrobat Reader on Chromebook.
Related: How to Install VLC on Chromebook to Play Media Files [2 Ways]
As Chrome Extension
If you have an old Chromebook model, you can use this method to install the Adobe Reader app.
1. Firstly, open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook.
2. Enter Adobe Reader in the address bar and press the Enter key.
3. Further, open the official Chrome Web Store link of Adobe Acrobat.
4. Move to select Add to Chrome button.
5. Click on the Add extension button from the pop-up that appears.
6. Once installed, you can use the extension to read and view all the PDF files on your Chromebook.
Related: How to Download Steam on Chromebook [Easiest Methods]
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free and as a premium version. Compared to the free app, the premium version offers lots of features to use, like creating PDF files from documents or images, compressing PDF files, protecting your PDF files with passwords, and many more. You can also edit text and images directly on the PDF along with these features. Make use of this article to install Acrobat Reader on Chromebook without mistake. It includes a clear procedure to install the app. Still, if you have any questions to ask, do let us know in the comments.