Amazon Fire TV Stick is one of the best selling streaming devices around the world. You can download and install apps on the device and stream various content on your TV. There are various versions of Fire TV Stick, say Fire TV Stick 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations, Fire TV Stick 4K. On the list, we have two new additions: Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K 3rd Gen and Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite. In this guide, w have summarized the features, price of Fire TV Stick Lite.
Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite
1. What is Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite?
Lite doesn’t mean that it compromised the features of the previous generations. It is just a watered-down version of Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. To make it more affordable and powerful. Moreover, according to the sources, it seems 50% more powerful than the previous versions.
But what makes it lite? Though all the features remain the same, the lite version cannot stream 4K videos. The maximum video quality is restricted to 1080p.
2. What will be the price?
In the USA and UK, the device was launched on September 30th. Amazon is going to start shipping in India from October 15th.
Fire TV Stick Lite is priced at $29.99 in the USA and €29.99 in the UK. As far as Australia is concerned, the price will be AU$49. And in India, it is Rs. 2999.
3. What are we getting in the box?
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Alexa powered voice remote lite
- USB Cable
- HDMI Extender
- 2 AAA alkaline batteries
4. What about the design?
There wouldn’t be any difference in terms of design. The stick comes with the glossy Amazon logo on the side. It matte black colored. It comes with the usual adapter dongles. You can find the charging port on the side.
- Fire TV Stick Size – 3.4″ * 1.2″ * 0.5″ (86*30*13 mm).
- Remote Size – 38*142*16 mm.
Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI capability.
5. How to Set Up Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite?
Step 1: First, plug the Fire TV Stick lite into the HDMI port of your TV.
Step 2: Plug the USB cable to the adapter and another end to the Fire TV Stick lite.
Step 3: Plug the adapter into power source.
Step 4: Now, put the batteries on your remote and turn on the device.
Step 5: You can see the Amazon logo on your TV screen. Use the remote control to set up the device
6. What are the Features of Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite?
After successfully setting up the device, let have a look at the various features of the device.
The exciting feature and driving force to buy the Fire TV Stick Lite is its redesigned User Interface. The UI has been revamped to be more intuitive. And made it too easy to use and navigate. All the revamping is for making the device more personalized. Moreover, we can find the difference in the alpha-numeric on-screen keyboard as most users are not so satisfied with this.
- On the top, we will get trending and recommendations.
- Menu options and other Settings and navigation will appear in the center.
- On the bottom, we can find the navigation and Apps and movies section.
Apart from this, users can create and manage six profiles. You can also add a 1 kid profile.
In the new device, the sleep mode was called a low-power mode. As said earlier, the device will consume 50% less power than its predecessors. If the device is not in use, the device will adopt low power mode and consume very low energy.
Picture in Picture mode is still available. For example, you are watching videos on YouTube, and suddenly you wanted to surf the apps section. You can now minimize the YouTube play and start surfing. The YouTube video will still be running on the screen.
Overall the YouTube TV and Sling TV apps are on the main screen. It will help you to get Live TV experiences.
The next on the list to go for this particular device is the Alexa voice-powered remote. The remote doesn’t have dedicated volume buttons or even a power button. For this, you have to go to a normal TV remote.
There will be a guide button. Fire Stick is focusing more on the Live TV experience. So there is a dedicated Live TV guide button which will guide you.
Just hold the voice button and ask Alexa to search, download, and launch the applications.
- Environmentally sustainable: It is designed to be Eco-friendly. It consumes 50% less power. All the plastics used are recycled ones. Moreover, 98% of Packaging materials are fiber.
- The processor is Quad-code 1.3 GHz and comes with 8 GB of internal storage.
- You can use WiFi to connect it to the network. Bluetooth option is also available.
- Supported audio formats are Dolby, Dolby +, Dolby Atmos.
- A Logitech Camera feature for doing video calls via Zoom and other applications.
- As far as Video format, the maximum quality support is 1080p. And the output quality is 1080p, 720p, and 60 fps.
- Ethernet adapter is also available.
Overall, all the applications supported in the earlier versions are also compatible here too. It includes YouTube, Netflix, HBO Max, Sling TV, and much more. Purchase the device from Amazon and share your feedback as comments in the below section.