We are all concerned about children using phones in recent times. In the digital era, we can’t stop kids and children from using the phones. In the name of homework, projects, and other stuff, they are used to mobiles and tablets. Or at least a few parents allow their children to use phones for entertainment. For one or more reasons, we couldn’t stop our children from using smartphones. Fortunately, we can manage their usage in different ways. We can prohibit and block various unwanted or inappropriate content on mobile. Going further, we can better control their screen timing. A few apps come with the Kids safe feature built-in so that we can ensure parental control. Even otherwise, you can make use of parental control apps to ensure privacy. This section covers the best parental control apps for iPhone and iPad.
Best Parental Control Apps for iPhone & iPad
The following are a few apps that are reliable and can serve the purpose as per expectation.
2. Bark Parental Control for IOS
3. Boomerang iPhone Parental Control
5. Circle Home Plus
6. NetNanny iPad Parental Control
7. MM guardian
8. Mobicip iPad Monitoring App
10. Symantec Norton Family Premier
11. Kaspersky Safe Kids Parental Control
13. ScreenTime Parental Control
14. Qustodio IOS Parental Control
15. Apple Screentime
Cost:- $9.99/month for 5 devices; $19.99/3 months for 10 devices; $59.99/year for 30 devices.
The first best parental control apps for iPhone that comes to our mind regarding family safety is Famisafe. The name stands for itself and provides the best and exciting features ensuring the parental controls for iPhone or iPad.
- Provides real-time GPS location and get the location history.
- Monitor screen usage time and set screen limits.
- Smart schedule to set phone usage for different places and occasions.
- Website and Apps monitoring, filtering and blocking.
- AI to detect the photos and contents in kids’ albums that are inappropriate.
- Set alert keywords and get notified when kids use them.
- It comes with a geofencing feature.
- Limited features.
- No call and message tracking features.
- The user interface is not so intuitive.
- No social media tracking.
Cost:- Get Bark Jr at $5/month or $49/year for unlimited devices; Bark at $14/month or $99/year for unlimited devices.
It is yet another best parental control apps for iPhone. With this app, you can monitor and track suspicious content on social media platforms.
- Tracks 30+ social media platforms. It includes Snapchat, KIK, Pinterest, WhatsApp, FB, YT, etc.
- It can monitor SMS and Emails.
- Screen time fixing features let you control the kid’s mobile usage timing.
- There is also a web filtering feature available.
- Whenever inappropriate stuff gets detected, it sends alerts to parents.
- Detect and alert when kids use sensitive words.
- No app blocking feature.
- There is no sign of location tracking.
- To get full access, configure the app on PC.
- The features are minimal.
Cost:- $15.99/year for single device; $30.99/year for 10 devices.
The next best app on our recommendation is Boomerang. It is known for its reliable parental control feature sets at an affordable price.
- It mainly focuses on the on-screen timing limitations.
- Block the kids using the phone after the screen time or possibly extend it on the parent’s phone.
- It provides the browsing history and the list of blocked websites.
- You can also hide applications that you don’t want your kids to access.
- Use the built-in GPS tracker to know the location of your children.
- It has website filters and blockers along with the activity report of mobile usage.
- If kids delete the app, parents will get notified of it.
- The web filter works well for the SPIN browser.
- Very limited features.
- No call or SMA tracking feature.
- No photo-detection feature.
Cost:- $6.99/month for one device
It is considered the most powerful parental control app for iPad or iPhone and iPad. It has a very simple and easy to use UI.
- Block messages on your kid’s device.
- Can block apps and control the timing.
- It does have excellent design and easy navigation features.
- And also can track the GPS location of your kids.
- Can manage multiple devices in a single dashboard.
- It blocks certain apps and texts that are not appropriate.
- The web filters are limited.
- And it didn’t have a call and text monitoring feature.
- It cannot detect suspicious YouTube contents and images automatically.
Related: Best Note-Taking Apps for iPhone and iPad
Cost:- Premium plan at $129/year; At the end of the premium plan, it costs $9.99/month.
It is more of a device that keeps an eye on your child based on your home network and prevents your children from restricted access.
- It comes with a reliable website and time restricting features.
- The device is easy to set up.
- The apps are so intuitive and easy to use.
- Detects and implement access restrictions as soon as connected.
- It can support many devices.
- It also has the internet pause button.
- Set targets and limit time, then get the reward.
- High price.
- No geofencing feature or cannot lock the device fully.
- The device is vulnerable and supports single-user only.
- Poor location tracking features.
Cost:- $54.99/year for 5 devices; $89.99/year for 20 devices.
NetNanny app was the oldest one with excellent web filtering features. It allows the parents to limit the kid’s content on the internet.
- Can create a different profile for all kids.
- Intuitive interface with excellent web filters.
- Set screen time on the target device.
- Website analysis in real-time and block inappropriate content.
- And also mask inappropriate words.
- Google safe search feature with 14 filters.
- It uses artificial intelligence to find inappropriate content and block it right away.
- No call or text monitoring
- Can’t track GPS location
- No photo-detection feature.
7. MM guardian
Cost:- $1.99/month for 1 device; $19.99/year for 1 device; $79.99 for 1 device.
It has quite a few but limited exciting features we are looking to control the child’s phone.
- The app provides granular controls.
- It does have location tracking tools.
- It features excellent web filtering tools.
- An AI feature to spot the nudity or adult content.
- No screen time setting features but works combined with Apple screen time so dual advantage.
- SMS and instant message monitoring tools.
- Outdated user interface.
- The iOS features are minimal.
- No call and SMS blocking options.
Cost:- $3.99/month for 5 devices; $4.99/month for 10 devices; $9.99/month for 20 devices. They are all billed annually.
The next best parental control for iPhone is the Mobicip iPad Monitoring app. It provides a more convenient way to track and monitor a child’s phone usage.
- Filters to block websites by categories.
- It also allows locking all mobiles with a single tap.
- Can 28 days of track records.
- Mobicip allows you to customize the various features and web filters.
- It does provide support to different platforms no matter what OS is.
- You can add your account to view all the records.
- Though not so much exciting features provide all the necessary features.
- No tracking for calls and messaging.
- No automatic detection for suspicious contents on YouTube.
- Basic and regular features.
- No GPS tracking features.
Cost:- Premium tier at $20/year for 3 devices; $35/year for 5 devices; $75/year for 10 devices
As the name goes, Locategy can track the kid’s activities and the location at an affordable price.
- The app design is very intuitive.
- The location tracking is precise and accurate.
- You can schedule your child’s mobile usage.
- Simultaneously, block the apps that you don’t want your child to use.
- The free version is also available but with limited features.
- And the most important features include
- Device Administration
- Accessibility access
- Apps with usage access
- Overall Affordable.
- No call or SMS tracking.
- The app doesn’t monitor social media content.
- Not work with all web browsers.
Cost:- $49.99/year with 30 days free trial.
Norton is yet another best parental control apps for iPhone or iPad. It offers a feature-rich pack at a very affordable price.
- Great web filters and web analysis, along with activity records.
- Access to unlimited devices.
- Affordable pricing plans.
- Great web dashboard and easy user interface.
- Track activities and set alerts for monitoring devices.
- Content blocking and filtering are flexible.
- Social media monitoring and age filters.
- Screen time limits and location tracking.
- Lack of geofencing features.
- Time restrictions apply per device.
- Social media tracking lack lusters.
Cost:- $14.99/year for multiple devices.
We all have witnessed Kaspersky as one of the best antivirus software. But now, it focuses on parental control solutions as well. It allows you to monitor the activities on phones and PCs too.
- Features like app usage and screen time management for daily, weekly and monthly limits.
- Track public Facebook activity.
- And also provides YouTube safe search and search history features.
- It can be used to block games and apps.
- Very easy to use and keep track of.
- Lots of free features for monitors and PCs.
- No text message and phone call tracking.
- Only web filters are available when kids browse through the Safe Kids App.
- The user interface is confusing a bit.
- Web portals become slow sometimes.
Cost:- Premium Plan at $99.99/3 months or $149.99/year; And premium plus $119.99/3 months or $179.99/year.
Mobistealth is the best parental control for iPhone and iPad. The main point is that it offers various features that many others do not.
- Real-time location tracking and also provide location history.
- Email and text monitor without rooting.
- Can wipe the phone if something goes wrong.
- Mobistealth can monitor social media like WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, KIK, etc.
- Can get the contact reports, call recording features.
- SIM removal or replacement notification.
- No feature to block the website or contacts.
- There are no Keyword alert features.
- No automatic detection of suspicious contents.
Cost:– Premium plan at $6.99/month for 1 device; Premium plus at $9.99/month for 1 device.
You can monitor kids and, of course, set a time limit for them to use the app better with the ScreenTime Parental Control app.
- The ScreenTime Parental Control design is intuitive and easy to use.
- You can handle the access and monitor each app usages.
- You can also set the task for your children and reward them.
- It keeps track of the browsing history.
- Can approve or block newly downloaded apps.
- Set time limits for mobile usage. Pause apps and the internet in real-time.
- Get scheduled restrictions for the whole family.
- The charges for location tracking and filters are high.
- There is no text and call monitoring feature.
- Best suited only for app tracking.
- Cannot block websites and cannot automatically detect the suspicious contents photos or YouTube content.
Cost:- $44.95/year for 5 devices; Pro pack $54.95/year for 5 devices; $137.95/year for 15 devices.
Another app to get featured on the best parental control app for iPhone and iPad is Qustodio. It is the most envied app for parental control and stuff.
- It has a comprehensive set of features that allow you to set a time limit for individual apps on every device.
- Track your child’s locations and let you know.
- It does have a powerful text and call monitoring feature.
- Block inappropriate content and websites.
- View the social networking activities of your children.
- It does have a panic button to indicate in case of an emergency, and you get notified.
- Only can get 30 days activity record.
- And the web portal seems a little outdated.
15. Apple Screentime
Cost:- Premium plan at $3.99/month; $19.99/6 months; $39.99/year.
It is an in-built feature of your iPhone and iPad. Apple Screentime allows you to exercise a great deal of protection and set the screen time.
- It is free and an in-built feature of iOS devices.
- You can block various websites.
- And it extends the control over to TV shows, movies, or even songs with adult content or language.
- Can prevent the kids from using certain apps by blocking them.
- Set the time limit to make calls.
- And can also set the time limit for the apps when it can be accessed.
- It doesn’t have many features.
- No call and message tracking features.
- No location tracking feature too.
- And also cannot track social media.
Choose the one that suits your need. There are lots of Parental control for iPhone or iPad apps to take care of. But based on your child’s age and other related features, you can choose the one that will best serve your purpose. Have any queries? Ask us through comments, and we shall respond to you.