Social media has influenced almost everyone in this era. Everyone wants different content to mark their presence in picture-perfect videos for one purpose or the other. Not everyone could afford professional editors. Most of us can do it by ourselves with the latest tools and technology. We are not in shortage as we do have a plethora of choices. Video editors hold not only the basic functionalities but also include powerful features. There is an infinite number of video editors available for our smartphones and PCs. However, we have narrowed down our criteria to Windows PC alone. Hence this article summarises the 25 best Video Editing Software for Windows 10 PC, its features, pros & cons. So follow along and choose the one that caters to your needs.
25 Best Video Editing Software for Windows 10
|1. Adobe Premiere Pro|
2. Adobe Premiere Elements
3. Adobe Premiere Rush
4. Corel VideoStudio Ultimate
6. CyberLink PowerDirector
7. Pinnacle Studio
8. Vimeo Create
9. DaVinci Resolve (Free)
10. Lightworks (Free)
11. VSDC (Free)
12. Hitfilm Express (Free)
13. Shotcut (Free)
|14. Movie Maker Online (Free)|
20. Windows Movie Maker
21. Nero Video
22. Magix Movie Edit
24. Machete Video Editor Lite
25. Freemake Video Converter
Cost:- $19.99/month with 7 days Free trial.
Adobe has secured its whole place in Photo editing. As far as video, it is the industry-leading video editing software for movies, TV, and even the Web. Premiere Pro is one best video editing software for Windows 10 PC.
|1. Intuitive Interface and multi-platform software. |
2. Many organizational tools that edit videos in any format.
3. Fast and ultimate power editing.
It has got native file support, and it is lightweight.
4. It has Proxy workflows and faster ProRes HDR.
5. Adobe Creative cloud that supports cloud hosting and even cross-app integration.
6. Rich ecosystem of video production apps.
7. Frequent updates with new collaboration tools.
8. Excellent stabilization with unlimited multi-cam angles.
|1. No keyword tagging for media.|
2. After effects and Speed grade features are lagging
that would require additional apps.
3. Moreover Subscription model.
Cost:- $100 for one-time purchase. Pay $150 along with Adobe Photoshop.
The next on the list is from Adobe called Premiere Elements. It is one of the best cross-platform video editors for Windows 10.
|1. One-time purchase at $100 along with PhotoShop it is $150. Various useful tools. |
2. Stable and easy to use interface.
3. The UI is very intuitive and easy to learn.
4. Latest version with Sensei AI really includes video.
5. Most craving filters and effects along with the various editing tools.
6. It supports 4K videos too.
7. Powerful audio editing and solid text tools.
8. Useful for beginners, too, as it has guided-based edits too.
|1. No 360 degree or 3D editing.|
2. Lacks multicam features and screen recording capability.
3. In Windows, there is no support for HEVC.
4. A Small number of guided edits.
Cost:- Free and limited 3 video exports with 2 GB cloud storage. And $9.99/month for unlimited exports with 100 GB cloud storage. (30 days free trial).
Adobe’s the next product with all the best-used tools that basic users will look with a simple and easy to use interface that connects your project to the cloud.
|1. The app is very intuitive and easy to use with an easy User Interface.|
2. The paid version gives us cross-platform support so that you can edit on the go.
3. Great export options, Feature-rich app, compact and efficient.
4. It does provide Motion Graphics templates used in YouTube videos.
5. Keyboard shortcut functions and magnetic timeline functions.
6. It does support Multiple tracks so that you can add more camera angles.
7. You can make this app compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro and get the missing features.
8. Above all, it does have Social media optimization.
|1. The editing controls are minimal.|
2. And the free version has limited features
3. No preview for tiles and graphics before starting a project.
Cost:- $80 one time purchase
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate is a complete feature-packed application for users with a very intuitive UI. It is a component video editor application with a handful of clever techniques. It is listed under the best video editing software for Windows 10 for the following features.
|1. Various tools for editing and fun tools with a very intuitive interface.|
2. It gives support to 360 videos VR, 4K Ultra HD, and even 3D videos.
3. Multipoint motion tracking, Stop motion tools, and multi-cam editing.
4. HTML5 videos page creation along with direct sharing options.
5. Auto movie creator to compel various images and video, enhanced with AI.
6. There are photoshop features like blending modes with improved masking tools.
7. New edit modes, upgraded color grading, painting creator.
8. It also comes with tiles, video backgrounds, textures, and animated graphics.
|1. The interface is a little outdated.|
2. No audio waveforms to hamper editing.
3. Stability and crashing issues.
4. Limited flexibility for timeline tracks and no keyword tagging for media.
Cost:- $39.99/year; $59.99/lifetime; $99.99/Unlimited
The app is specially designed for all video creators, from beginners to professionals. It has more sophisticated tools that help with video editing and made it so simple.
|1. The software is very polished with high-quality effects and transitions. |
2. And it does provide various advance option considering the price.
3. Various other features include complex layering, fast video rendering.
4. It ensures video aesthetics, and you can share the project online very easily.
5. Other features include audio separation, scene detection, noise removal, and media library.
6. It does support screen recording.
7. There are also video stabilization, audio equalizer, and GIF support.
|1. It requires lots of extra downloads. |
2. The interface customization options are very less.
3. The features not so straightforward.
Cost:- $69.99/year; Or $19.99/month.
Cyberlink is the most feature-packed and best video editor for Windows 10 PC. It bridges the gaping between the professional tools with the intuitive interface.
|1. The output with the square ratio of 1:1 is great for social media sharing.|
2. There are regular feature updates that are a great value for subscriptions.
3. The application is very flexible and adaptable.
4. The UI is very intuitive, and it will be easy even for beginners.
5. There are options for motion tracking and screen recording.
6. Fast rendering, numerous effects, Multicam tracking, 3D and 4K capability.
|1. Various options make UI clumsy.|
2. The editing concept would confuse the experts.
3. Many features like 4K video or audio scrubbing are available only for the pro version.
Related: Best Photoshop Alternatives
Cost:- Entry level – $59.95/year; Plus – $99.95/year; Ultimate level – $129.95/year.
It is a flagship project by the Corel. It is one of the most commercially accessible and the best video editing software for Windows 10.
|1. Stable and intuitive interface. |
2. Varied sets of professional editing tools and shortcuts.
3. Frequent updates of new additional features and effects.
4. You can edit 360 degrees VR content.
5. Fast rendering, Multicam editing with tons of effects.
6. 4K and H.265 support, start ratings, and tagging.
7. It does have good audio and masking tools.
|1.You need more storage to access all the functions.|
2. For beginners, it is tough to use.
3.The motion tracking is unreliable, and occasional app crashes.
4. Uneven 360 degree VR implementation.
8. Vimeo Create
Cost:- Plus – $7/month for single user; Pro – $20/month for 3 users; Business – $50/month for 10 users; Premium – $75/month for unlimited users. (Billed annually)
It is yet another best video editing software for Windows 10. It is a short-form video creation tool for making quick videos, especially for marketing purposes.
|1. Especially designed for entrepreneurs and marketers. |
2. Some powerful features include brand fonts, colors, graphics, music, text captions, and access to the stock footage library.
3. The users can use various custom templates that include sales, drive traffic, seasonal announcements, various promotional uses, etc.
4. Seamless video editing and can create it from scratch.
5. Continuous improvisations and innovations.
6. Real-time data and long-term reporting can help the video creators to stay in trend.
|1.The picture saving is taking too long.|
2. Considering these features, they are so basic and a bit expensive.
3. Sometimes, the app may crash.
9. DaVinci Resolve (Free)
Cost:- $305 one time payment.
With this app, you can tweak and study the final results of your project. It is initially designed for commercial filmmakers.
|1. The User Interface is very modern and sleek. |
2. Moreover, the UI is customizable and intuitive.
3. It does have a powerful compositor, color grader, and sound editor.
4. The video can be of multiple formats and resolutions.
5. And the app works faster, and the mask tracking feature is so reliable.
6. There are facilities to use the OpenFX functionalities to add plugins for extended features.
|1. For high-end graphic functions, you would require a powerful computer.|
2. There is also a steep learning curve with Node-based composting.
3. You cannot export to social media directly.
10. Lightworks (Free)
Cost:- Free; Lightworks Pro – $174.99/year, 24.99/month, Outright $320
When it comes to moviemakers, they use this application to do various professional editing and related stuff. Major Hollywood productions, including Wolf of Wall Street and Mission Impossible, used this application. It is the best video editing software for Windows 10 for the following pros and cons
|1. Can edit up to 256 images, videos, and audios. |
2. Lightworks comes with powerful features and effects.
3. The interface is very intuitive and highly customizable.
4. It supports multi-track editing with its non-linear editor that ensures the quality of your video.
5. Some high-end features include import and render footage in the background.
6. It allows you to preview the video effects in real-time.
7. There are various tutorial videos too.
|1. For beginners, it will take time to learn the process.|
2. The output format is somewhat restricted.
3. The learning curve is very steep.
Few Other Best Video Editing Software for Windows 10
11. VSDC (Free)
It is free software that can be used to make videos of any kind, from greetings to complex videos. VCDC is a powerful app yet so simple to use. Features include motion tracking, video effects, audio waveform, video masking, stabilize footage, real-time voice-overs, and Chrome multi key.
It supports all the audio and video formats. There are Chrome keys to remove greens, trendy video effects, filters, and transitions. Major essential tools like zoom, chart, 360 editings, color correction, etc.
12. Hitfilm Express (Free)
Hitflim Express is yet another free and the best free video editing software for Windows PC. It comes with professional VFX tools for any video you want to make. The app is straightforward and useful for beginners, YouTubers, gamers, and students.
The feature set includes a professional-grade video editor, full 2D and 3D compositing, and 410+ effects and presets. There are free video tutorials and projects, unlimited tracks, and transitions.
13. Shotcut (Free)
It is another free, open-source, cross-platform video editor for Windows PC. Shotcut does support various video formats with native-editing, multi-format timelines, resolutions, and frame-rates with the project, etc.
There are various device and transport options like SDI and HDMI for input preview and monitoring, including screen, webcam, and audio capture. It does have a sleek and intuitive interface and straightforward features.
Related: Best Music Players for Windows
14. Movie Maker Online (Free)
It is one of the free video editing software that can be worked from a browser. You don’t have to register to use the function. And you will not have watermarks on the final results. All you have to do is add a file, edit and create a video. Undoubtedly, Movie Maker Online is the best free video editing software for Windwos.
You can add files from various platforms and do editing like adding music, choosing the desired format, and downloading it. Editing includes merge, trim, rotate, mirror, speed-up, cut, join and slice videos.
Video pad is considered as the simple yet functional tool that is suitable for basic editing tasks. Moreover, you can create various videos from scratch. The UI is very intuitive, and it will even suit beginners and makes the process more easy and enjoyable.
The feature sets include basic tools like text snippets, color correction, and light balance. It supports a wide range of file formats. Above all, it supports 360-degree videos and 2 D video merge, etc.
It is a free and open-source video editor for your Windows. It combines entry-level tools with the advanced tools used by professionals. Kdenlive has multitrack video editing with various keyframe effects.
It has flexible theming along with various audio effects, including phase, pitch, volume adjustment, etc. It has various configurations and automatic backups. Moreover, it is very user friendly.
Blender is the free, open-source 3D video creation suite that supports all the functions of the 3D pipeline. It includes modeling, rigging, animations, simulation, rendering, etc.
Moreover, it does support composting, motion tracking video editing. Also, it supports 2D animations. You can customize the layouts and create your videos. Not to forget about the VFX feature.
They positioned themselves as an amazing tool designed for easy to use, quick to learn, and a cross-platform tool. The capabilities of the OpenShot are trim and slice videos.
Other features include unlimited tracks, video effects, audio waveforms, animations, keyframes, etc. There is also a title editor, various video effects, 3D animations. And all come in 70+ languages
This is a free video editing software that is created to do simple video editing functions. And also, it supports various video formats. The functions include simply cutting, filtering, and encoding the videos.
You can also automate the tasks by using projects, job queue, and powerful scripting capabilities. Without much fancy feature, it can accommodate basic tools for beginners.
It is a default application on your Windows computer. Moviemakers can help you to make movies from photos, videos, and music. The basic functions include join video, add or remove background music and text captions, etc.
Its advanced features are image filters, transition effects, and also pan-tilt-zoom effects. Photo enhancement filters, HD video quality, music editor, slow and fast motion, and project management are also included.
21. Nero Video
There is a wide range of special video editing features for the Nero video. It comes with over 1000 themes and effects. It allows you to manage, create, add templates. You can export and burn, stream and play videos.
Access OneDrive files and import or export files. You can create movies with your photos and add a personal touch to your movies. You can also stream videos from Nero Video, and moreover, it also acts as a media player.
22. Magix Movie Edit
It is mainly used for the creative video editing platform. The video editing features include editing wizards to make it more simple, intuitive, along with multi-cam editing.
Various auto functions to optimize the videos includes professional image stabilization, automatic shot match, and detailed color correction. And creative videos with over 650 titles and transitions, full music and sound effects, and layer masks.
InVideo offers various functions as far as video editing is concerned. You can edit YouTube videos. And also make YouTube intro videos, ad videos, make YouTube movies, etc.
Other functions include making invitations, outro makers, slideshows, various advertisements, and promo videos. You can also use this to create content for your blogs and shows etc.
The next best video editor for Windows 10 is Machete Video Editor Lite. It is a free version designed for simple and quick slicing of your videos. Moreover, you can use this to remove audio from your videos.
It also serves as a media player that plays various formats, and also you can edit multiple format files. Cut, copy, merge videos, covert formats, edit file tags (metadata) and extract and save files even in image formats.
The selling point of Freemake Video Converter is that it can convert videos of 500 formats. Moreover, you get to download and alter streaming clips from various sites, including Vimeo, YouTube, Vevo, Dailymotion, etc.
Convert videos from one format to another, including 4K and ultra HD. Burn DVD, cut, merge and rotate video clips, a web player & embed code to put on site or blog. It allows you to add subtitles to videos.
That was the top best video editing software we have found for you. It was all listed at random, and we haven’t followed any order. Pick the one that suits your needs. Do you have any other suggestions? Let us know in the comment section below.