The weather condition keeps changing, and it may be different for different places. Many of us check the weather condition before we go out of the home to be prepared. We may watch news about the weather condition, or search for details on the internet for a particular day. However, all these take some time. Think that someone is giving all the info about the weather in your hand, isn’t it amazing? Yes, as technology grows, we can get everything without difficulty. Weather apps are available to alert you to the weather condition. With those details, we can protect ourselves from heavy rain, sunny days, and more. Based on that, you can postpone or carry out your works. Get to know the best weather apps for Android from this section.
Best Weather Apps for Android
18 best free and paid weather apps for Android are listed down.
- The Weather Channel
- Carrot Weather
- Yahoo Weather
- Today Weather
- Weather & Clock Widget
- Skymet Weather
- Weather by Tomorrow
- Geometric Weather
- Weather Forecast
- Neffos Weather
- Amber Weather
- Go Weather
The first best weather app for Android is The Weather Channel. It is the world’s largest private weather enterprise. It helps people make informed decisions and take action in the face of weather. The app offers you the most accurate, personalized, and actionable weather data. Further, you can see the local weather forecast and get live updates. It provides air quality reports directly on your Android device.
- You can check weather maps for daily and hourly updates.
- It lets you check rain forecasts, temperature reports, news, and plan up to 2 weeks in advance.
- With this app, you can stay safe with flood alerts from your rain tracker.
- You can protect yourself from dry heat and UV rays with live updates.
- It provides you air pollution updates as well as live weather.
Carrot Weather is an antagonistic weather application available for Android devices. It is paid weather app for Android. It gives you accurate weather data to your current, hourly, and daily forecasts. The Carrot Weather app shows the weather details of any location for up to 70 years in the past and 10 years in the future. Further, you can customize the widget to your home screen, and see the weather without opening the app.
- It provides you most accurate weather data.
- You also get 6,000 lines of hilarious spoken dialogue.
- You get a weather time machine.
- It lets you customize the widget.
- You can follow clues to hunt down 32 secret locations.
WeatherBug is one of the best weather apps for Android. It gives you the most accurate data in the market that provides lightning alerts along with weather information. It is free to download and use on Android devices. Get severe weather alerts and rain radar for all your favorite locations across the UK. It gives highly accurate hourly forecasts and 10-day weather forecasts for all your favorite locations.
- Lifestyle widget will tell the users how the weather will impact their favorite routine.
- Sync up your home’s thermostat and find out the ideal temperature range for your house.
- You get an overview of what the weather of the week would look like.
- It gives you precise weather details such as wind speed, UV index, weather observation, and many more.
- You also get 10 days of snow forecast and real snowstorm alerts for severe winter climate.
YoWindow is another free weather app for Android. It gives you weather data with wonderful backgrounds and animations. The magic of YoWindow is a living landscape that reflects your actual weather. On this app, you get the sunrise and sunset at exactly the same time as in real life.
- You can see the current weather, the forecast for today, and for several days ahead.
- It is designed down to the smallest detail. You can choose a landscape that fits best for your area.
- The user interface is very simple and intuitive to use.
Yahoo weather elegantly shows your forecast along with other useful weather information. The interface is simple and shows great-looking Flickr photos for each location you add. It is a must-have weather app on your Android device. It offers many exciting features to use.
- You get detailed weather information, including 10-day and 24 hour-temperature modules.
- It gives you animated sunrise, sunset times, wind, and pressure modules.
- You get an acclaimed design with beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition.
- It provides you severe weather alerts and new home screen widgets.
Related: Best Navigation Apps for Android to Travel Destinations Quickly
Today Weather is a simple-to-use weather app for Android. Unlike other weather apps, it also gives the most accurate local weather forecasts. With this app, you can enjoy reliable and accurate weather forecasting with more than 10 data sources.
- You get weather information anywhere in the world.
- It lets you protect your health with air quality, UV index, and pollen count.
- Catch the beautiful moments of sunrise, sunset, full moon night with the provided information.
- Get alerts when rain is approaching as well as daily weather forecast notifications.
- Get prepared for anything with a 24/7 weather forecast and the chance of rain with this app.
Weather & Clock Widget allows you to stay with the updated weather observations. It needs GPS activation to bring the weather updates before you. It brings you the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit beside the clock over the phone display. The app will notify of upcoming disasters like Storms, snowfall, and more.
- It detects your location automatically.
- You can search for the location manually by name or zip code.
- The app gives you an hourly weather forecast and a 10-day weather forecast.
- You get to see the temperature in the status bar.
- On this app, you can customize the font for clock and date.
- You can follow the weather and forecast for multiple locations.
Skymet is another best weather apps for Android. The app allows you to check live weather through different map layers like automatic weather stations, radar, lightning, heat maps, air quality index, rainfall, animated wind speed, and direction. Skymet Weather is India’s first lightning and thunderstorm detection system.
- You can personalize your app by selecting your 5 favorite locations.
- The app gives you a real-time temperature of upto 15 days forecast.
- With the daily motional weather forecast, you can plan for your next day.
- It lets you track air pollution at your place.
- You can get to know current wind speed and direction on maps.
AccuWeather is the best weather apps for Android in a matter of seconds. It features an intuitive and clean user interface with a weather information card at the top of the primary page. It is available as free and paid versions. With this weather app, you can be prepared for any sudden changes with live alerts, radar maps, and detailed reports.
- It gives you 24/7 live weather streams.
- You also get severe weather warning notifications and alarming systems.
- You will get two weeks weather report on this app.
- The weather information gets updated every minute.
- On this app, you get the highest accuracy rate.
Weather by Tomorrow
Weather by Tomorrow best weather app to get specific weather information to better plan your day around the weather. It gives you global minute-by-minute and street-by-street hyper-accurate forecasts, rain and snow alerts, air quality maps, and wind speeds.
- It alerts you about the rain all around the world.
- You get precise areas as small as a city block.
- The weather data is hyper-accurate, specific, and relevant to your life.
- It gives you weather analysis at 500 meters resolution.
- Get to know the updated forecast every minute.
Geometric Weather is a lightweight, powerful, open-source material design weather app that contains no ads. It provides you the real-time temperature, air quality, 15-days weather forecast, and accurate time-sharing trends. The app gives comprehensive reports, a clean, elegant design, and an excellent user interface.
- The app lets you access 24 hours overview of weather information.
- You get dark mode in this app.
- It provides tons of live-weather wallpaper.
- The user interface is very user-friendly.
- It lets you plan for 15 days ahead.
It is free weather app available for Android. The app gives you weather information daily and hourly basis. Further, it detects the weather data of your current location automatically. You get information like atmosphere pressure, weather condition, visibility distance, relative humidity, wind speed, direction, and more.
- You can see the weather of any places
- It gives you all the information about weather like time, temperature, atmosphere pressure, and more.
- You get live weather forecasts for free.
- The app even provides interstate travel weather forecasts and forecast weather and wind.
- It detects your location by network or GPS.
- It provides very accurate and reliable weather info and even has notifications.
Related: 15 Best Journal Apps for Android Smartphones & Tablets
Weather is a simple and free weather app for Android. On this app, you get local weather, weather map, and weather widgets. You can easily receive the weather conditions in your current location. Like other weather forecast app, this app also provides atmospheric pressure, weather conditions, visibility distance, dew point, wind speed and direction, and more.
- It offers 7 days weather information.
- You get animated weather conditions with live background images.
- Weather app provides a worldwide weather forecast.
- You get local weather alerts 3 times a day.
- It alerts you with storm warnings and notifications.
- Even if your is on the underground, it auto reloads data for notification.
It is a fast, intuitive, detailed, and the most accurate weather app. Windy brings you the observed wind and temperature, forecasted weather, etc. It also shows the airports across the world, kitting, surfing spots, or nearby webcams, etc. It even gives you the world’s leading weather forecasting models, global ECMWF and GFS, plus local NEMS, AROME, ICON, and NAM.
- With Windy, you can have all the convenient weather maps just at your fingertips.
- The image frequency is 5-15 minutes based on any area.
- It offers customization on prior locations and offers full-fledged weather details of 1500+ paragliding spots.
- The app offers topographic maps and satellite imagery representation.
- You get weather radar for many world locations.
Neffos Weather app gives basic weather app features. It works with the world’s best weather data sources to provide you with the most accurate weather information at all times. No matter where you are, but you get accurate local weather information.
- It lets you add locations with customizable weather details in the quick view.
- The app includes a precise positioning system to provide you the most updated local weather conditions.
- You get your current location weather information automatically.
- It gives you accurate weather forecasts and data from the most authentic sources.
Amber Weather app is much more than a widget. It is a full-fledged attack on all things weather. You can get weather forecasts based on your current location and any location in the world. With real-time forecasts, you will get a lot of features to customize the weather as you want.
- The app is translated into 30 languages for easy access.
- You can get weather forecasts for any location.
- It gives you a detailed weather report. It includes current temperature, wind speed and direction, humidity, visibility, atmospheric pressure, dew point, and UV index.
- With the 7 days forecasts, you can plan better for your life.
- It has over 90 home screen widgets in different sizes and themes.
Go Weather is yet another free and best weather apps for Android. On this app, you can get current and future weather information. Further, it provides live wallpapers and beautiful widgets. It has an attractive and user-friendly interface. In addition, you can get weather data from all over the world.
- It provides beautiful themes, live animations, and 100 personalized wallpapers.
- You get weather updates of more than 200000 locations.
- It shows you wind direction and force measurements.
- With this app, you will get to know the weather information for 10 days before in hand.
The last best weather apps for Android is Windfinder. It gives you detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts. Thus, you will find details about the wind, waves, and weather conditions for your sport. With the subscription, you can access wind alerts, more map features, and more.
- You get animated wind and weather forecasts of 45,000+ locations worldwide.
- It gives you tide forecasts for high and low tides for over 8,000 locations globally.
- With a quick overview of weather conditions, you can get topographic maps and satellites.
- The optimized data transfer enables a quicker loading speed. Hence it is ideal for data usage restrictions.
- The app is very easy to use.
Hence, these are the best weather apps for Android. Here, we have given you detailed information about each app. We hope this article has helped you out find the best weather app for your device. Comment us, which one was your favorite.