Apple Watch is the most popular and best smartwatch globally that deals with your health and fitness. It offers terrific features like a fitness tracker, heart rate monitor, hand wash detection, Podcasts, ECG, Blood Oxygen, and many more. Here, we are going to explain to you about the Blood Oxygen app in detail. There are a lot of problems to reducing blood oxygen levels in the body like asthma, pneumonia, respiratory viruses, and more. But, at the same time, it should not be too high as well. So, you should check your blood oxygen level frequently. The normal blood oxygen level is 95 – 100%. Have a look at the below section to know the procedure to measure the blood oxygen level in your body using the Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch.
How to Use Blood Oxygen App on Apple Watch
The things you shall follow to use the Blood Oxygen app on your watchOS are as follows.
- Ensure that, Blood Oxygen app is available in your country.
- Update your iPhone 6s or later to the latest version of iOS.
- Update your Apple Watch Series 6 or 7 to the latest version of watchOS.
- Blood Oxygen app is available for people above 18 years old, so set up your age in your Health Profile.
How to Set Up Blood Oxygen App and Background Readings
1. Open the Health app on your iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. If you don’t get any prompt, click on the Browse tab and navigate to Respiratory >> Blood Oxygen.
3. Click on Set up Blood Oxygen.
4. Once you have set up the app successfully, launch the Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch to measure your blood oxygen levels.
5. If you still don’t get the Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch, download the app from App Store on your Apple Watch.
Related: How to Monitor Heart Rate on Apple Watch [Complete Guide]
How to Take Blood Oxygen Measurement
1. First, wear your Apple Watch on your wrist comfortably.
2. Launch the Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch.
3. Further, stay still and make your wrist is flat with the Apple Watch facing up.
4. Tap Start and keep your arm steady for 15 seconds.
5. After 15 minutes, you will get the results.
6. Finally, tap on Done.
Requirements to Get the Best Results
1. When you take the measurement, keep your arms on a table or in your lap. Keep your wrist and palm down and flat and hold as much as you can.
2. You should wear your Apple Watch perfectly. It should not be loose on your wrist. The backside of your Apple Watch should touch your wrist.
3. Your Apple Watch should flush with the top of your wrist. If your wrist bones interfere with this, move your watch 1 to 2 inches up your arm away from your wrist bone.
Related: How to Install and Use Runkeeper for Apple Watch in 2 Ways
Have you learned to measure the blood oxygen level using the Blood Oxygen app from this article?. To measure the oxygen level, you should have the Apple Watch Series 6 or 7. And you should be aware that these measurements cannot be used for medical use. It is just for general and wellness purposes. As of now, the Blood Oxygen app is available only in selected countries. Give your comments about this article in the comments section.