Roku Channel Store is home to several free and premium TV services. It is jailbreak proof, and hence it doesn’t support third-party apps like Firestick or Android TV. However, its dedicated app store features a decent number of streaming apps. CBS All Access is one among them, and it offers the CBS TV channel content for streaming on the Roku. It is a worth-using app that provides thousands of episodes, live TV, movies, original series, etc. You can also stream CBS live TV channels in high quality. You can easily add this app to Roku from the Roku Channel Store.
Update: The CBS All Access app is currently unavailable on the Roku Channel Store since it has been replaced by the Paramount Plus app. Paramount Plus app offers the entire library of CBS All Access, and it also provides new movies, series, and TV shows. It has two different subscriptions, namely Essential ($4.99 per month) and Premium ($9.99 per month). The Paramount Plus app is available for free to download on Roku.
How to Add CBS All Access on Roku
1. With Roku connected to Wi-Fi, press the Home button on its remote to access its home screen.
2. Choose Streaming Channels options using the down arrow key of the remote.
3. When Roku Channel Store opens up, select the Search Channels option.
4. Now, search for CBS All Access app in the store.
5. From the suggestions list, you should go ahead to choose CBS All Access.
6. On its app info window, click on the Add Channel tab to download it.
7. After the installation, click the OK button in the prompt.
8. Tap Go to Channel to open the channel on Roku.
How to Activate CBS All Access on Roku
To stream CBS All Access, you need to activate the app on Roku.
1. Tap the Home button on the remote and select CBS All Access from the list of channels installed.
2. Note down the activation code displayed on the Roku screen.
3. Now, open a browser on your phone or PC and go to the CBS Website [https://www.cbs.com/activate/roku/]
4. Type the Activation Code shown on Roku TV and press the Activate button.
5. With this, CBS All Access app gets activated on RokuOS.
6. If prompted, sign in to your CBS All Access account with the necessary login credentials to start using it.
How to Cancel CBS All Access on Roku
You can cancel the CBS All Access subscription either on the Roku device or the Roku Official Website.
1. Launch the CBS All Access channel from the Home screen of RokuOS.
2. Select Manage Subscription and click Cancel Subscription.
3. If you see a confirmation prompt, choose Cancel Subscription.
4. Lastly, select the Done option.
You can also install the CBS app on the Roku from the Roku Channel Store to stream the CBS content only. It has no subscription for watching the free content. You can also sign in with the TV Provider to stream the exclusive content. Besides the dedicated Roku app, CBS TV Channel is available on different streaming service subscriptions. It includes Hulu Live TV, fuboTV, AT&T TV, and YouTube TV on Roku.
The CBS All Access app has terminated, and the Paramount Plus app is the replacement to the app. You can stream all the content of CBS All Access in the Paramount Plus app.
Since the CBS All Access app has been changed to Paramount Plus, you can buy the Paramount Plus subscription on the Roku for $4.99 per month.
It is due to the closure of the app. You can install the Paramount Plus app to watch the CBS content on the Roku device.