Crackle is a popular video streaming platform that brings you Hollywood movies, TV series, and originals. The media content is available in different genres like comedy, drama, action, thriller, fandom, and many more. Crackle is completely a free app with limited ad support. The collections of movies and TV shows available on this app are very interesting to watch. The interface of the application is very easy to use, and it is available on different platforms. It doesn’t need an account to stream from the app. Further, you can resume your favorite shows from where you left on different devices. It lets you save your favorite content to your watchlist to access them quickly in the future. Crackle is compatible with Roku streaming devices. Proceed with the below section to know the procedure to install and activate Crackle on Roku.
Steps to Install Crackle on Roku
Crackle is officially available on Roku Channel Store. So, you can install the app directly from the store by following the steps given below.
1. Connect your Roku device to your TV’s HDMI port and connect it to your home network.
2. From the home screen, click Streaming Channels.
3. Click Search Channel on the following screen.
4. Search for the Crackle app using the virtual keyboard and click the search bar.
5. Pick the Crackle app from the search results.
6. Click on Add Channel to install the app on Roku.
7. Wait for the app to get installed and then click OK.
8. After the installation, click Go to Channel to launch the app.
8. Now, you can stream videos from the Crackle app on the Roku streaming device.
Related – Simple ways to watch HBO Max on Roku streaming device.
Steps to Activate Crackle on Roku
1. When you launch the Crackle app for the first time, you will receive an Activation Code on your TV screen.
2. Now, launch any browser and go to the sonycrackle.com/activate website from your phone or PC.
3. On that page, enter the Activation Code that was shown on your TV and click the Continue button.
4. Now, Crackle on Roku will be activated upon logging in, and you can stream from the app on your Roku device.
As the Crackle app supports casting, you can screen mirror the app to your Roku device. To do so, you should first enable the screen mirroring mode on your device.
1. On your Roku device, navigate to Settings >> System option.
2. Under that, click on the Screen Mirroring Mode.
3. Click Prompt or Always allow option from the screen.
4. Now, connect your Roku and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
5. Launch the Crackle app on your smartphone. If you have not installed it, install it from Play Store or App Store.
6. Once you launch the app, pull down the notification panel on your Android device and tap the Cast menu.
7. Select your Roku device from the available devices. Allow permission on your smartphone to mirror your device.
8. Upon successful connection, you can play any video and watch it on your Roku device.
Crackle is a wonderful option to stream a lot of media content for free. You also get personalized recommendations on this app. It has got a huge collection of movies and TV shows that nowhere is available. If there is any question related to this article, you shall drop a comment below.