DIRECTV is a subscription-based streaming service that lets you stream over 250 live TV channels. It is one of the popular TV providers. You can watch live TV and recorded shows on this app. In addition, you can catch up on the latest movies and shows on-demand, schedule recordings on your DVR. Further, you can enjoy the latest releases from premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, ENCORE, SHOWTIME, and more. Furthermore, you can use your mobile device to pause, play and rewind the program that is playing on your TV. If you have kids at home, you can set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching. If you download the DIRECTV app on your Firestick, you can enjoy streaming all the live TV channels.
DIRECTV Subscription Plans
- Entertainment at $64.99 per month (160+ channels)
- Choice at $68.99 per month (185+ channels)
- Ultimate at $84.99 per month (250+ channels)
- Premier at $134.99 per month (330+ channels)
How to Install DIRECTV App on Firestick
1. Launch your Firestick and connect it to the Wifi network.
2. On the Firestick home screen, tap on the Find menu and select the Search option.
3. Type and search for the DIRECTV app using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Further, click on Get or Download on the app information screen to download the app.
5. Wait for some time for the app to be installed.
6. Once installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. Proceed to click the Sign-in option.
8. Further, enter your DIRECTV provider account credentials and access the live TV content on your Firestick device.
Alternative Way to Install DIRECTV App on Firestick
If you come across any error or issue while installing the official version, you can always sideload the app apk with the Downloader app on Firestick. Here are the steps to sideload DIRECTV using Downloader.
1. On your Firestick home screen, click on the Find menu and select the Search option.
2. Type and search for the Downloader app using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Pick the app from the search results.
4. Further, click on Install to install Downloader on Firestick.
5. Now, return back to the home screen, and click on Settings.
6. Scroll down and select the My Fire TV option.
7. Tap Developer options on the next screen.
8. Click on Install Unknown Apps and enable the toggle for the Downloader app.
9. Now, launch the Downloader app and click the Home tab from the left panel.
10. Enter the DIRECTV apk URL to download DIRECTV in the URL field.
11. Once the file is downloaded, click the Install button to install the file.
12. Proceed to click on Open to launch the app.
13. Finally, stream the live TV channels on Firestick.
If you are not using Downloader to sideload the app, you can use ES File Explorer on Firestick to download the third-party apps. It is the perfect way to cut the cord because the DIRECTV app is available on all devices and platforms. Share your valuable feedback as comments below.