- Install Disney Plus: Open LG Content Store → Click Apps → Select the Search icon → Type Disney Plus → Select the app → Click Install → Open → Log in → Play a video.
- Cast Disney Plus: Install Disney Plus on Android or iOS → Open → Sign in → Tap the Cast icon → Select your LG TV → Play a video.
Disney+ is the streaming platform for watching Disney content. Along with Disney content, it has hundreds of movies and series from Marvel, PIXAR, Nat Geo, and Star Wars. You can also download any content on Disney+ and can watch them offline anytime. If you have an LG Smart TV in your home, you can easily install and watch the Disney Plus app from the LG Content Store. As of now, Disney Plus is available only for LG Smart TVs operating on webOS 3.0 & above or the models released in 2016 & later. If you use an earlier version of LG TV, you can watch Disney Plus using the casting method.
Disney Plus: Subscription Plans 💰
The subscription price of Disney Plus is $7.99 per month and $79.99 per year. It also has a special subscription known as Disney Bundle to access Hulu, Disney Plus, and ESPN.
How to Get Disney Plus on LG Smart TV
(1) Turn On the LG Smart TV and go to the LG Content Store.
(2) On the LG Content Store, navigate to the Apps section.
(3) Click the Search icon at the top and type Disney+.
(4) Select the Disney Plus app from the search results and hit the Install button to download the app on LG Smart TV.
(5) Wait for the Disney+ app to install.
(6) After the installation, select the Launch button to open the Disney Plus app.
(7) Click the Login button and sign in using your Disney+ account credentials. Start watching your favorite TV shows on your LG Smart TV.
Alternate Way to Watch Disney Plus on LG Smart TV
Suppose you can’t find the Disney+ app on the LG Content Store, then you cannot install the Disney Plus app on LG TV. You can check the compatible LG Smart TV models on the LG Support website. If your model is not listed, you can cast the Disney Plus app on LG TV from your smartphone.
(2) Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your LG Smart TV.
(3) Open the Disney Plus app and tap the Cast icon on the top.
(4) On the list of casting devices, choose your LG Smart TV to connect.
(5) Now, play any video on the Disney Plus app. It will appear on your LG Smart TV.
If you have external streaming devices like Firestick or Roku, you can connect those devices to your LG TV and then download the Disney Plus app from the respective app store to access the media content.
5 Solutions to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on LG Smart TV
If you had an error while streaming the Disney Plus app on your TV, try out the upcoming solutions
- Force close the Disney Plus app and relaunch it.
- Update the firmware of your LG Smart TV to the latest version (if available).
- Navigate to the LG Content Store and check whether the app has any new updates. If there is an update, install it.
- Restart your LG Smart TV.
- If the above solutions haven’t fixed the issue, reset your LG TV to factory settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Disney Plus is a Chromecast-supported app. So, you can directly cast the app on LG TV.
If you are using an LG TV model released before 2016, you can’t install the Disney Plus app.
No. Disney Plus is a paid subscription service, and it does not offer any free trial.