If you are a US resident, you can access many streaming platforms like YouTube TV, Sling TV, Hulu, fuboTV, Disney+, and more. Among all the streaming platforms, Disney+ is the newest streaming platform. Having completed the one year anniversary, the streaming platform has more than 70 million users. If you have an LG Smart TV on your home, you can install and stream the Disney Plus app with ease.
Disney Plus app is available for LG Smart TVs running on webOS 3.0 and above. If you are using the older version of webOS 3.0, update the LG Smart TV to the latest version. Like Google Play Store on Android devices, the Disney Plus app is available on the LG Content Store.
Install Disney Plus on LG Smart TV
(1) Turn on the LG Smart TV and go to the LG Content Store.
(2) On the LG Content Store, go to the Apps section.
(3) Here, you will see all the apps. Navigate to the Disney+ app. If you can’t find the app, go to the Search bar on top and search for the app.
(4) On the next screen, tap the Install button.
(5) Wait for the Disney+ app to install.
(6) After the installation, tap the Launch button.
(7) Click the Login button and sign in with your subscribed account. Start watching your favorite TV shows on your LG Smart TV.
If you can’t find the Disney+ app on the LG Content Store, your LG Smart TV won’t support Disney Plus. You can check the compatible LG Smart TV models on the LG Support website. If your model is not listed, you can use the screencasting from your smartphone to LG Smart TV.
(2) Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your LG Smart TV.
(3) Open the Disney Plus app and tap the Cast icon on the top.
(4) On the list of casting devices, choose your LG Smart TV.
(5) Now, play any video from the Disney Plus app. It will appear on your LG Smart TV.
If you have any external streaming devices like Firestick or Roku, you can connect those devices to your LG TV and then download the Disney Plus app from the respective app store to access the popular media contents. As of now, Disney Plus is available only for LG Smart TVs operating on webOS 3.0 & above or the models released in 2016 & later.
Disney Plus on LG Smart TV Not Working – Simple Fixes
If you had error while streaming the Disney Plus app on your TV, try out the upcoming solutions
- Force close the Disney Plus app and relaunch it.
- Navigate to the LG Content Store and check whether the app has got any new updates. If there is an update, install it.
- Restart your LG TV.
- Update the firmware of your LG Smart TV to the latest version (if available).
- If the above solutions haven’t fixed the issue, reset your LG TV to factory settings.
Watch all the Disney, Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic, and Star Wars video titles on your LG Smart TV by installing the app from the LG content store or by casting the contents from Smartphones. Share your Disney+ title in the below comments section.