With Disney Plus on Sony Smart TV, you can stream exclusive content from Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Nat Geo and much more. Disney Plus allows you to strem hours of timeless classics to the latest hit movies. If you are owning a 4K Sony Smart TV, then you can stream the contents in the highest definition ever. You can install the app directly on your TV and start streaming the content on the big screen. With a premium subscription, you can stream upto 4 devices simultaneously.
Disney Plus Subscription Plans
Disney Plus has two subscription plans:
- Basic (With Ads) – 7.99$ a month
- Premium (Without Ads) – 10.99$ a month / 109.99$ a year
Click here to sign up for Disney Plus.
FYI! Disney Plus may be available as a pre-installed app by updating your Sony Smart TV to the latest version.
How to Install Disney Plus on Sony Smart TV?
Currently, Disney Plus is available as a native app for the Android-based Sony Smart TV models only. Just follow the procedure that you used to add apps on Sony Smart TV.
FYI: Disney+ works only on Sony TV models released after 2016 and later.
- Sign up for a Disney+ account
- Internet or WiFi
1. Power on your Sony smart TV and keep it connected to the internet connection.
2. Use your Sony remote to locate Google Play Store and select it.
3. Navigate to the search field and input the keyword Disney+ or Disney Plus.
4. On the list of search results, choose Disney+ and proceed further.
5. When directed to the app information window, select Install to download it.
6. The app will start downloading. Once downloaded, it will automatically gets installed.
7. After the installation is over, click on the Open button to launch Disney+ app on your Sony smart TV.
8. To stream the content, you need to sign in to your account.
9. On the home screen, you can see an activation code. Note it down.
10. Visit disneyplus.com/begin from a computer or smartphone browser.
11. Enter the activation code you see on TV and login to your account.
The TV screen will refresh and start loading the content. You can now watch all its content with ads or without ads depending on the plan you are subscribed to.
If you have a non-Android Sony TV, you can still watch Disney+ with any of the following options.
- Use a browser and visit the Disney+ official website to login in and watch its content.
- If you have Chromecast connected to your Sony TV, then cast Disney+ content from an Android or iOS device.
- Those of you who have media players connected to Sony TV, including Apple TV, Roku, Firestick, Xbox One, PlayStation, etc., can get Disney+ from the respective app store.
These are the possible methods by which you can access Disney+ on Sony smart TV. Have got any questions or suggestions? Leave a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Sony Smart TV is 4K compatible, then you can stream 4K content on your TV with an active subscription.
If you have an active subscription (either Basic or Premium), then you do not need a separate Disney+ subscription. If you do not have an active one, then you have to subscribe to a pack.