Roku, one of the widely used streaming devices, helps you access online content on your TV. Using Roku, you can watch numerous video contents with different apps, but you cannot watch Facebook videos. For other streaming devices like Firestick and Apple TV, Facebook offers a dedicated app to stream your Facebook videos. Though the app is not available for Roku devices, there is a way to get it. Let’s discuss how to watch Facebook videos on Roku using different methods in detail.
Screen mirroring is the only option to get Facebook videos on Roku. Follow the below steps to enable the screen mirroring feature on Roku.
1. Connect your Roku device to the HDMI port on the TV.
2. Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the internet.
3. To go to the Roku home screen, press the home button on the Roku remote.
Tip! If your Roku remote is not working, then get to know the possible fixes.
4. Select Settings.
5. Choose the System option.
6. Click the option named Screen Mirroring. Choose Prompt or Always allow.
Screencast Facebook Videos to Roku using an Android Phone
1. Install the Facebook app on your Android phone and launch it.
2. Click the Notification tab and select the Cast Screen option.
3. Tap the three vertical dot icon at the top right corner.
4. Select Enable Wireless display.
5. Select your Roku device to mirror the phone screen on Roku.
6. Now, open the Facebook app and login with your account to watch all the videos.
Watch Facebook on Roku using Windows 10 Computer
1. On your PC/Laptop, click Start and go to Settings.
2. Select System and choose the Display tab.
3. On the following screen, choose Connect to a Wireless display.
4. Select your Roku device from the list of shown devices. It will mirror the PC screen on Roku.
5. Open the Google Chrome browser and visit Facebook.com.
6. Log in using appropriate credentials and start watching Facebook videos on TV.
Related: How to Listen to Spotify on Roku
Watch Facebook Videos on Roku using iPhone
To screen mirror Facebook on Roku using iPhone, you need to install a third-party screen mirroring app.
1. Download the Mirror for Roku app on both Roku and iPhone.
2. Launch the Mirror for Roku app on both devices.
3. On the iPhone, select your Roku device.
4. Grant permission to allow notifications.
5. Tap Start Mirroring -> Start Broadcast.
6. Your iPhone gets screen mirrored on to your Roku.
7. Launch the Facebook app and play the video that you want.
Related: How to Install YouTube on Roku
You can use the same steps to watch Facebook live on Roku. While mirroring Facebook and videos, you cannot use the Roku remote to control the media contents. The Facebook Watch app for Roku may be available very soon. If you find it difficult to screen mirror Facebook videos on Roku, you can go for other streaming devices that support Facebook Watch app.