HBO has streaming apps for all kinds of users. If you want monthly subscription services, you can get the HBO NOW app. If you have a TV provider service, you can get the HBO GO app. With the HBO GO app, you can stream all the HBO movies and series using your TV provider details. The popular series on the HBO GO app are Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, and Chernobyl. This app also provides documentaries and series for on-demand streaming.
All the LG Smart TV comes with a dedicated app store called LG Content Store to install new apps and games. LG Content Store is more similar to Google Play Store (on Android devices). In the store, all the apps that are supported by your smart TV will be available. HBO GO app is available on the LG Smart TV 2016 or later models, So you can easily download the app on LG TV from the LG Content Store.
LG Models that Support HBO GO
HBO GO is available only on the selected LG TV models. They are,
|WebOS version||Launch Year||Model Number|
|webOS 3.0||2016||UH60, UH61, UH63, UH65, UH76, UH77, UH85, UH95, LH60, E6, and B6|
|webOS 3.5||2017||B7, C7, E7, UJ75, SJ80, SJ95, and W7|
|webOS 4.0||2018||B8, C8, E8, W8, LK57, LK64, SK80, SK95, UK62, UK63, UK65, and UK75|
|webOS 4.5||2019||B9, C9, , E9, W9, LM63, SM81, SM86, SM90, SM95, UM71, UM72, UM73, UM74, and UM76|
You cannot install the HBO GO app on webOS 3.5 (2017): LJ55, LJ54, UJ63, and UJ65. If you have those four models or older LG Smart TVs, you have to use additional streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku, Apple TV, etc, to install the HBO GO app.
How to Install HBO GO on LG TV
(1) Turn on your LG Smart TV and press the Home button on the remote to navigate to the Home screen.
(2) Scroll and select the LG Content Store.
(3) On the right, you will see different categories. Choose the Apps & Games category.
(4) Look for the HBO GO app and select the HBO GO app from suggestions.
(5) Click the Install button to download the HBO GO app on the LG Smart TV.
(6) Select Launch to open the HBO GO app and follow the on-screen instructions to activate the app.
How to Activate HBO GO on LG Smart TV
(1) Open the HBO GO app on your LG Smart TV.
(2) Note down the activation code displayed on the TV screen.
(3) On your smartphone or PC, launch a browser and visit the HBO GO activation website
(4) Type the code displayed on the TV screen and click Next.
(5) Enter your TV provider login credentials to sign in.
(6) Now, close and open the HBO GO app on LG Smart TV and choose any content to stream.
Alternate Way to Stream HBO GO on LG Smart TV
Most of the LG Smart TV is equipped with the Screen Share feature. So, you can easily cast any media from your smartphone. If your LG TV doesn’t have screen share, you can connect Chromecast Ultra or any Chromecast device to your LG TV and can cast the content from your smartphone.
(1) On the LG TV remote, press the cable-like icon.
(2) Select the Screen Share option.
(3) Now, your LG smart TV is ready to receive any media files from your smartphone.
(4) Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your LG Smart TV and click the Cast icon from the Notification Centre.
(5) Your smartphone will look for a nearby casting device. When your LG Smart TV is detected, tap on the device name to connect.
(6) Once the connection is established, your smartphone screen will be mirrored to the LG Smart TV.
(7) Open the HBO GO app on your smartphone and play any video.
(8) It will appear on your LG TV. To stop the mirroring, turn off the Screen Share on your LG TV or disable the Cast feature on your smartphone.
Install the HBO GO app, and watch all the latest movies and series from the HBO network using your TV provider credentials. You can also stream all the HBO GO content by installing the HBO Max on LG Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
* Initially, you have to check the internet connection and restart the LG Smart TV. Then, try updating the LG Smart TV.
* Uninstall and reinstall the HBO GO app. If the problem continues, update the app on LG Smart TV.
Yes. You can download the HBO GO app from the LG Content Store on LG Smart TV.
Using a VPN, you can easily access the HBO GO content outside the US.