HBO GO is a TV everywhere app in which you can use your TV provider credentials to watch movies and series. HBO GO app is available for smart TV too just like smartphones. You can use your Vizio Smart TV to stream movies and series from the HBO GO app. There are several ways that you can use to stream the HBO contents on your Vizio Smart TV.
Vizio Smart TV are of two types, VIA TVs and Vizio SmartCast TVs. VIA models support downloading apps from the store. Unfortunately, HBO GO is not available on the Vizio App Store. As Vizio Smart TVs have a built-in Chromecast feature, you can cast the HBO GO contents from your smartphones.
Watch HBO GO on Vizio Smart TV Using Smartphone
(2) Connect your Android/iOS device to the same WiFi network as your Vizio Smart TV.
(3) Now, open the HBO GO app on your smartphone.
(4) Tap the Cast icon next to the Search icon.
(5) Your smartphone will search for a nearby casting device. When your smart TV is detected, tap on it.
(6) After that, play a video file. It will appear on your Vizio Smart TV.
(7) To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and click the Disconnect button.
If you want to install and watch the HBO GO app on your Vizio TV, you need to use external streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV Stick or Roku Streaming Stick.
FYI! Recently, HBO introduced a new streaming service, HBO Max, to get all the HBO original and on-demand content. With that, HBO is concentrating more on HBO Max and opting out HBO GO and HBO NOW apps. So, we can’t expect the HBO GO app to be launched for Vizio Smart TV at any time.
As of now, casting is the only way that you can watch HBO GO on your Vizio Smart TV. With HBO Max, HBO GO seems to be outdated. We recommend you buy the HBO Max subscription and cast the app from smartphone to TV. If you want to share your opinion about this, tell us your thoughts in the comments below.