Sprint is an American-based telecommunication service that provides a wide range of services such as voicemail, texting, internet, calling, entertainment, and more. Sprint merged with T-Mobile US on 2020. After the merge, it has grown into the largest and fastest 5G network in America. This service has more than 54 million customers. Sprint offers different types of smartphones, starting from budget-friendly phones to costly phones like the iPhone. If you have bought a new phone from Sprint, you need to activate the device to access the Sprint service. There are two ways to activate the Sprint phone. You can activate the device on the Sprint website or by contacting Sprint Customer support.
How to Activate a Sprint Phone on the Sprint Website
If you have purchased a new phone from Sprint or if you have replaced the phone already registered on your account, then follow the steps given below to activate it. Before moving into the steps, make sure to take a backup of your data.
(1) Power Off your Old iPhone and open the SIM card slot.
(2) Remove the SIM card from the old phone and insert it into your new phone. If you’re going to use a new SIM card, you can skip this step.
(3) Make sure to charge your mobile to 100%. Don’t power on your mobile, just press the power button to check the charge level of your mobile.
(4) Open a browser on your PC and visit the website sprint.com/landings/howtoactivate.
(5) Tap the button Get Started.
(6) Enter your Sprint Credentials to sign in to your account.
(7) Tap the option Your Account and navigate to the About my devices section. Then, select the phone which you want to replace.
(8) Select the option Manage this device at the top right corner.
(9) Now, click on the option Activate a new phone to activate your new Sprint device.
(10) Enter the phone serial number and ICCID on the respective box. You can find the serial number and ICCID number in the phone box.
(11) Then, tap the option Check Code and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
(12) Once the device is activated, turn it ON and follow the on-screen prompts to set up the device.
How to Activate a Sprint Phone using the Sprint Customer Care
Before calling the customer care number, make sure to know about the Serial number, ICCID, and IMEI. You can find this number in the phone receipt, manual guide, and at the back of the device box. You can also get the IMEI number of your device by dialing *#06#.
(1) Take another mobile and call the Sprint customer care number (888) 211-4727.
(2) Follow the instructions given in the call until you reach a representative.
(3) Contact the representative and tell the representative to activate your device.
(4) Provide all the necessary information asked by the representative. You need to give information like Account name, PIN, Password, etc., to activate the phone.
(5) Once the device is activated, power it ON and set up your new phone.
Activation Guide for Other Communication Services
Frequently Asked Questions
You can manually activate the Sprint phone by visiting the Sprint Activation website (sprint.com/landings/howtoactivate)
To activate the Sprint phone, you need to dial the number 1-888-211-4727.
If you have bought the Sprint Unlimited plan, you can freely stream Hulu with limited ads for one year.