- Hisense Android TV: Apps → Google Play Store → Type the app name → Click Install.
- Hisense Roku TV: Streaming Channels → Search Channels → Search for the app → Add to Channel.
- Hisense TV (Older models): Go to App Store → Search for an app → Click OK.
- Hisense VIDAA Smart TV: Go to Apps → VEWD App Store → Type the app name → Select OK.
Hisense is a popular Smart TV owned by Hisense Group. The Hisense Smart TV runs on different operating systems such as AndroidOS, RokuOS, etc. Further, it has smart TV displays ranging from UHD, QLED, and more. By default, Hisense TV has some pre-installed apps in it. If you have deleted the app unintentionally or if you need to install the app that is not available on the Hisense TV, then this guide is for you. You can easily install any app from the App Store of Hisense TV. The Hisense Smart TVs are available with different Operating Systems. So, the installation of apps varies for each TV OS.
How to Install Apps on Hisense Android TV
If your Hisense smart TV runs on Android-powered TV OS, you can add apps from the Google Play Store.
1. Start the Hisense Android TV and go to the home screen.
2. Choose the Apps tab and click the Google Play Store.
3. Search for the app you intend to add to Hisense TV and select the app from the search suggestions.
4. On its app information window, click the Install button to download the app on Hisense Android TV.
5. Select Open to launch the app after installation.
Note: If the app is not available in the Google Play Store, you can sideload them on the Hisense Android TV. If you want to know how to Sideload Apps on Hisense Android TV, you can check our guide on sideloading apps on Mi Box. Since Mi Box runs on Android OS, the same steps also work on Hisense TV.
How to Download Apps on Hisense Roku TV
The Roku Channel Store is the App Store for Hisense Roku TV.
1. Power on the Hisense Roku TV and press the Home button on the Roku TV remote to go to the Roku home screen.
2. Navigate using the directional key of the remote to select Streaming Channels.
3. When Roku Channel Store opens up, hover to choose the Search Channels option.
4. Using the on-screen keyboard, search for the app you want to add to Hisense TV.
5. Select the respective app from the suggestions and click the Add Channel button to install the app.
How to Add Apps to Older Hisense TV
If you have an older Hisense TV, such as F3 Series, you can install the app from the built-in App Store. The TV has a premium Apps section for downloading apps.
Note: Hisense Laser TV doesn’t let you manually add or download applications as it doesn’t use internet connectivity.
1. Turn On the Hisense TV and press the Home button on the remote.
2. Navigate to the App Store icon and launch it on your TV.
3. Browse for the app you wish to add.
4. Choose the respective app and press the OK button on the Hisense TV remote to install the app.
How to Get Apps on Hisense VIDAA Smart TV
VEWD is a cloud-based App Store for installing applications on smart TV. You can get the App Store to install apps on HisenseTV.
1. Press the Apps button on the TV remote controller.
2. Choose VEWD App Store and press the OK button on the remote to launch it.
3. Select an app by either searching or browsing the VEWD app store. You can choose the filter option to find your desired app easily.
4. Tap the app and click the OK button to install the app on your Hisense Smart TV.
After installing the apps on the Hisense SmartTV, you have to activate the app using a PC or Smartphone. The activation is mandatory in some of the streaming apps. If your app is frozen to a screen or not working properly, you have to update the app for seamless streaming.
Other Smart TVs App Installation Guides:
- How to Install Apps on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Add Apps to Vizio Smart TV
- How To Add Apps to Sony Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on the OS, you can install apps on Hisense Smart TV. If you are using Android-powered Hisense TV, you can install the apps from the Play Store. If you are using Roku-powered Hisense TV, you can use the Roku channel store to install apps.
To update Hisense TV, go to Settings >> Tap Device Preferences >> Select About >> Click System Update >> Tap Update.
Yes. You can cast apps on Hisense SmartTV.