Firestick is one of the less expensive and most used streaming devices. It gives you the best streaming experience to watch your favorite media content. Since Firestick works on Android OS, you can install a lot of Android apps and games. However, Firestick offers limited storage space to its users. So, you cannot install all the apps and stream your favorite titles. However, Fire TV users can overcome this limitation with the cast option by screencasting technique. The device comes with a build-in casting option support, and thus, you can cast media files from your different devices to your Firestick. If you are not sure of how to cast to Firestick, you shall go through this tutorial.
Before proceeding further, you need to connect your casting device to the same WIFI network as that of your Firestick. And make sure your Firestick is plugged into your TV.
How to Cast to Firestick in Different Ways
You can cast to Fire TV from different devices, including smartphones and PC. The same is discussed in brief in the section below.
Primary Requirement: Enable Screen Mirroring on Firestick
No matter from which device you cast contents from, you should do the below settings changes on your Fire TV.
1) Set up your Firestick and go to the Homescreen and click on Settings.
2) When the see list of the settings menu, select Display & Sounds.
3) On the next screen, click on Enable Display Mirroring.
4) Now, press and hold the Home button on Firestick remote to get the Mirroring option.
5) You will get a notification as shown in the below image.
Cast to Firestick from Android
1) Open Settings from your Android device and search for Cast or Screen Cast or Mirroring or Smart View. The name varies based on your brand of Smartphone and Android version.
2) Once you found it, turn on the Cast option.
3) With this, your Android device will search for nearby casting devices. Select your Firestick from the result.
4) Click on Start Now to begin casting. Then your Android phone will be screened on your Fire TV.
5) If you want to stop mirroring, turn off the casting on your Android device.
Related: How to Use Firestick without Remote in 4 Easy Ways
Cast to Firestick from Windows PC
1) Click on the notification icon that has come from Firestick on your PC. Alternatively, you shall click the Notification icon.
2) On the window that appears, click on Connect.
3) The Windows PC will now search for nearby casting devices. Select your Firestick from the results.
4) Then, click on casting. Both the devices will establish a connection.
5) If you want to change the mode into Projection mode, click on it. And select any of the options, like PC only, Extended, Duplicate.
6) If your screen is not in the perfect resolution, go to your PC and right-click to choose Screen resolution.
7) To stop Mirroring, click on the Disconnect option.
Remember this method will work only on Windows 10. For other versions, you can use the Google Chrome browser to cast the screen.
Cast to Firestick from iOS Devices
To cast to Firestick from the iOS device, you should install an AirScreen app on Firestick.
1) On your Firestick home screen, search for the AirScreen app.
2) Click on the AirScreen app from the results.
3) On the next screen, click on Download.
4) Once downloaded, click Open.
5) Now, launch the app and click on Start Now button.
6) Go to Settings to know your Firestick device name.
7) Under the device name, you can find the name of your Firestick. If you want, you can change your name.
8) Now, go to your iPhone or iPad and select Screen Mirroring from Control Centre.
9) Select your Fire TV and tap on it. When the casting is successful, you will find a tick icon on your Firestick.
10) Now, you can see the iPhone screen will be mirrored on your TV.
Cast to Firestick from Mac
1) On your Mac screen, go to System Preferences –> Displays –> Check-in.
2) Now, the Airplay icon will appear on the top of the screen.
3) Select your Firestick from the list. If you want to stop mirroring, turn off screen mirroring or Airplay.
The article has covered complete information about casting to Firestick from smartphones, PC, and Mac. If you follow the steps mentioned here, without mistake, you can cast to Firestick. So you need not go for Chromecast for casting media files. If there is any query about this article, ask us in the comment section.