Xiaomi’s Mi Box is another best streaming device available in the market. It is an Android Box which runs on Android 9. The Mi Box is similar to a Mi TV. You can install various apps to it using the Google Play Store. Apart from streaming videos from installed apps, you can also cast content from your smartphone or PC to watch the videos on the big screen. Mi Box comes with an in-built Chromecast Ultra that allows you to cast 4K videos to your TV. Here are the different ways to cast to Mi Box.
How to Cast to Mi BOX from Phone or PC?
As mentioned earlier, with the built-in Chromecast Ultra, you can easily cast content to your Mi Box. You can either use your Smartphone (Android/iPhone) or Chrome browser on PC to cast to the Mi Box.
How to Cast to Mi Box from your Smartphone or Tablet?
There are two types of applications:
- Apps that support Chromecast
- Apps that doesn’t support Chromecast
There are plenty of apps that support Chromecast. Almost all major streaming apps come with an inbuilt casting option. For example, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Spotify, HOOQ, YouTube, Play Movies, and much more. Take a look at all the compatible Chromecast apps here.
This method works on both iOS and Android devices.
1. Turn on your Mi Box and check whether it is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Connect your Android/iPhone to the same WiFi network. The cast icon will appear only when Mi Box and your Smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
3. Open any application that supports casting. For example, Youtube, Netflix, Prime, etc.,
4. Choose the video that you want to see on the TV and play it. You will find the cast icon in the top-right corner. Click on it.
5. Now your phone will scan for the available devices and lists them. From the list, choose the Mi Box.
On successful connection, you can find the video playing on your TV.
If the application is not compatible with Chromecast, then you can use screen mirroring option.
- For Android, screen mirroring comes pre-installed. You can either find it in the settings option or use the Google Home app.
- For iPhone/iPad, you can use the Streamers for Chromecast app to screen mirror your iPhone/iPad.
How to Cast Content from PC to Mi Box?
You can use Chrome browser on PC to cast content to Mi Box.
1. Connect your PC and Mi box to the same WiFi network. This will let the devices to identify each other and establish a secure connection.
2. Open the Google Chrome app on your computer. Go to the website that you want to cast.
3. Right-click and choose the cast option. The cast option is also available under the three-dotted menu icon.
4. Now your PC will scan for the available devices. From the sources drop-down, choose the Cast tab or Cast Desktop option.
- Cast Tab – To cast the particular tab. For example, official streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos, and others.
- Cast Desktop – This option will cast the entire desktop screen. You can use this option to cast other applications on your PC.
- Cast File – This will cast only the selected file.
5. Now choose the device to cast your PC screen.
Related: How to Use Chrome on Mi Box?
With this option, you can cast various content from your PC to Mi Box. As Mi Box comes with a built-in Chromecast, you can easily watch all the content on the TV with a single tap on your Smartphone. Still, facing any issues? Ask us in the comment section below.