- Change GitHub Username: Open a browser → Go to GitHub website → Sign in → Click Profile icon → Settings → Account → Change Username → Select the option I understand, let’s change my username → Enter your new username → Tap Change my username.
GitHub is a code hosting service for version control and developing software. You can create your projects from GitHub and upload them directly to your working software. This service is used by more than 83 million users worldwide. GitHub is supported by many IDE platforms. Username is the key identity of everyone. You can change your GitHub username at any time on the GitHub website. Make sure to create the new username with the conditions listed below.
- Your username should have alphanumeric characters or hyphens.
- The username should not start or end with a hyphen.
- Your username should not contain more than 39 characters.
- Multiple consecutive hyphens should not be repeated in the username.
How to Change the GitHub Username
(1) Open a browser on your device.
(2) Visit the official GitHub website.
(3) Select the Sign in button and enter your login credentials to access your account.
(4) Click on the Profile icon at the top right and select Settings.
(5) Tap Account on the left panel and hit the option Change Username.
(6) Read all the warnings displayed on the prompt and click on I understand, let’s change my username.
(7) Type your new username until the green tick mark appears and tap Change my username.
(8) That’s it. you have successfully changed your GitHub username.
Username Changing Guide of Other Services:
- How to Change Snapchat Username.
- How to Change Your Kik Username.
- How to Change Your Username on TikTok.
- How to Change eBay Username.
- How to Change Your Instagram Username.
Yes. Changing your Github username does not affect your account.
You can enable dark mode on GitHub in the Appearance section of your account settings.
To change your GitHub password, log in to your GitHub account → Settings → Click on Access → Click Change password → Enter your old password → Enter the new password → Tap Update password.
To edit your GitHub profile picture, click on the profile icon >> Settings >> Edit >> Upload a photo >> Crop your picture >> Set new profile picture.