Chromebook is the leading laptop computer with a lot of helpful and advanced build-in apps. Though it has many layers of security, it is always important to change your existing password from time to time. With this, you will avoid several risks and protect your information and data available on your Chromebook. If you don’t know how to change your password on Chromebook, you need not worry. The section helps you with the right procedure to change it.
Changing the password of your Chromebook is pretty simple. Your Google password and Chromebook password are the same. So by changing your Chromebook password, your Google account password gets changed automatically. You can change the password from any browser on any device if you are signed into Google. Let us see the possible methods to change your Chromebook password.
How to Change Password on Chromebook using Chrome Browser Window
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook.
2. Select your Profile icon on the top-right corner and select Manage your Google Account.
3. Then, select the Security option on the left menu panel.
4. After that, scroll down and click the Password section.
5. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter the password. Enter your password and click on the Next button.
6. Then, you’ll need to complete the process by clicking the two-factor authentication code.
7. After that, you’ll be able to see the option to change the password. Go ahead to click on it.
8. Set your new password, and finally click the Ok button.
Related: How to Download and Use iTunes on Chromebook
How to Change Password on Chromebook without your Chromebook
As mentioned, Chromebook password and Google password are the same. So, changing the Google password from one another device will change the Chromebook password. After changing the password, the new password activates. You shall shut down the Chromebook, boot it, and with this, the new password you have set will work on your PC.
Bonus: How to Reset the Forgotten Password on Chromebook
1. Launch Chrome browser on your Chromebook.
2. And then, go to the Google Account Recovery page.
3. Now, choose the “I don’t know my password” option.
Related: How to Find MAC Address on Chromebook [Possible Ways]
4. Enter the authenticated email that you used to log in to your Chromebook, then hit Continue.
5. Click the verification link on your email, and then follow the onscreen instruction to reset your Chromebook password.
[Note: Sometimes your Chromebook will ask you to log in using your old password. Once you login using your old password, your Chromebook and Google account will automatically get synced to the new password]
That’s it! These are the possible methods to change your Chromebook password. We hope that this article gives you a clear idea. Follow the above procedure without skipping any steps to easily change the password. If you still face any problems while following the above methods or have any doubts, do let us know in the below comment section. We’ll help you to rectify the issue.