Spotify is a popular music streaming service with more than 400 million users worldwide. It is a freemium music platform that has plenty of music and podcasts from different genres. Spotify offers premium membership at an affordable price. You can also cancel the Spotify membership anytime. Spotify automatically generates a username for every user after creating an account. The username comprises alpha-numeric characters. The username on Spotify remains constant and cannot be changed. However, Spotify allows its users to change the display name or nickname of their account. The display name is the name shown on your profile. To change the name of your Spotify account, you need to connect the Facebook account to Spotify. By connecting, you can set the Facebook username as your Spotify username.
How to Change the Username on Spotify
By connecting your Facebook account to Spotify, the username of Spotify will be changed to the name on your Facebook. To do it, follow the steps given below.
(1) Launch the Spotify app on your PC and sign in to your account using the necessary login details.
(2) Click the down arrow next to your profile name.
(3) Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
(3) Click the button Connect with Facebook under the Social tab.
(4) Sign in to your Facebook using the necessary login details.
(5) Once signed in, your Facebook name will be displayed as the Spotify username.
On Android & iOS:
(1) Launch the Spotify app on your smartphone.
(2) Navigate to the Home tab and click the Settings icon at the top.
(3) Locate and tap Connect to Facebook.
(4) Enter the Facebook username and password and sign in to your account.
(5) After signing in, the username of your Spotify account will be changed and displays your Facebook username.
How to Change the Display Name on Spotify
Unlike Username, you can easily change the display name of your Spotify account.
(1) Launch the Spotify app on your Mac or Windows PC.
(2) Sign in to your account using the required login credentials.
(3) Tap the Arrow icon displayed near your Profile name.
(4) Scroll down and click the option Profile.
(5) Here, you will find the display name at the top. Tap the display name and enter your new display name on the box.
(6) Click Save to change the display name on Spotify.
On Smartphone (Android & iOS):
(2) Tap the Home tab displayed at the bottom.
(3) Select the Settings icon at the top-right.
(4) On the Settings screen, click the option View Profile under the display name.
(5) Tap the Edit Profile button and type your desired name.
(6) Finally, select the option Save to change the display name of your Spotify account.
Other Spotify Guides:
Frequently Asked Questions
The only way to change the username on Spotify is by connecting to your Facebook account. If you have connected Facebook to Spotify, the username on Spotify will automatically change and displays the username of your Facebook account.
You can change the password on Spotify in your Account Settings.
Yes. You can change the Spotify display name in the Profile settings of your account.