Google Account is the heart of Android smartphones. You need to have an active Google Account or Gmail account to run the Android devices. Once you sign in with your Gmail account, all the Google apps like Play Store, YouTube, Google Photos will use the same account and sync the details. Like every digital account, a profile photo is important in Google Account too. By default, you will get the first letter in your name as your Profile photo. But, Google also offers you to change your Account profile photo.
Though Google Account is important for Android devices, you can manage your Google Account irrespective of devices. You can change the Google Account Photo by using your Android smartphone, iOS device, and PC.
How to Change Your Profile Photo on Google on Andriod Smartphones
(1) Open the Gmail app on your Android smartphone.
(2) Tap the Profile Photo on the top right of the screen.
(3) Click on the Manage your Google Account button.
(4) Now, you get your Google Account page and choose the Personal info tab.
(5) Click on the Profile photo.
(6) On the Profile photo pop-up, tap on the Set profile photo button.
(7) Choose your Photo from the gallery or take a new photo.
(8) Position your photo and click the Accept button.
(9) Now, your profile photo will be changed to a new one.
You can follow the same procedure for iOS devices. Install the Gmail app on your iOS device if you don’t have the app.
Related: How to Enable Gmail Dark Mode
How to Change Google Account Profile Photo on PC
(1) Open any of the web browsers you have on your PC and go to the Gmail website.
(2) Sign in with your Gmail account if asked.
(3) On the top right corner, select your Profile Picture.
(4) Click the Manage your Google Account button.
(5) Like smartphones, tap on the Personal info button on the left panel.
(6) Click on your profile photo to change it.
(7) Choose any photo from your library.
(8) Position the photo as you prefer and click the Set Profile Photo button.
Note: The fixed resolution for Google Profile Photo is 180 x 180 pixels.
The new profile picture will appear on all the Google platforms like Gmail, Hangouts, YouTube, Play Store, and other Google apps.
Related: How to Change Language on Facebook
When digital media is concerned, the profile picture is the first thing everyone sees in our account. Make sure that you have a good profile photo on all the digital media platforms. To avoid cropping and segmentation, use the photo that is suited to the resolution. If you have any queries with the above guide, please mention them in the comments section below.