Garmin watch is the leading smartwatch company that helps users to track health and fitness. It allows you to control music, receive notifications, and more. You can connect the Garmin watch to iPhone and Android smartphones using Garmin connect app. With this watch, you can easily share your fitness and health data. You can also customize the watch face on the Garmin Watch. All smartwatches, including the Garmin watch, needs to be charged to use it. Garmin watch is equipped with good battery life and lasts up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode and up to 36 hours in GPS mode. Garmin watch comes with a Type-C charger. If you have a defective Garmin Watch charger or if you have lost the Garmin charger, there are some alternative devices to charge the Garmin watch.
Different ways to charge the Garmin watch without a charger
You can use the devices given below to charge the Garmin watch.
- Smartphone charger.
- Power Bank.
- Solar charger.
- Charging Dock
- Car Charger.
- AC adapter.
charge the Garmin watch using a Smartphone charger
You can use the smartphone charger to charge your Garmin watch. Garmin watches use only the type C USB cables to charge. So, make sure to use a Type C USB cable.
1. Connect the Type-C USB cable to the Garmin Smartwatch.
2. Then, connect the other end of the USB cable to the Power adapter.
3. Connect the adapter to the wall outlet and turn the switch ON to charge your Garmin watch.
Use Power Bank to Charge Garmin Watch
Another method to charge the Garmin watch is by using a Power Bank. If you frequently travel to different places, then the Power Bank is the best way to charge your watch. To do it, follow the steps given below.
1. Just plug in the USB cable to the charge port of the Garmin watch.
2. Then, plug the other end of the cable into the power bank.
3. That’s it. The Garmin watch will start charging.
charge the Garmin watch using a Solar charger
Garmin watches offer their users to charge the watches using direct sunlight also. This feature is added to the latest Garmin watches. The Garmin watch Forerunner 955 series comes up with the solar charging feature. If you are using the latest Garmin watches, you can keep the watch in direct sunlight to charge it. If you have an older Garmin watch, you need an external solar device to charge the watch. But using a solar charger will not charge quickly as your Garmin watch charger. It may take several hours to complete the full charging. You can use the Solar charger in case of an emergency.
1. Place your watch and the solar charger under direct sunlight.
2. Connect the solar charging cable to your watch.
3. It may take several hours to charge the watch. The charging speed will differ according to the sunlight.
4. When your watch has charged fully, you can remove it from the solar charger.
Use the charging dock to Charge Garmin Watch
You can also use the charging dock to charge the Garmin watch.
1. Place the watch on the charging dock.
2. Now, connect the charging dock cable to the power adapter.
3. Then, connect the power adapter to the wall outlet to charge the watch.
Use Car Charge to charge your Garmin Watch
1. Connect the car charger to your watch using a USB cable.
2. Turn on the car, and the watch will charge automatically.
3. Once fully charged, you can disconnect the cable from the car.
charge the Garmin watch using AC Adapter
1. If your Garmin watch is turned Off, turn it On and plug the small end of the AC adapter into the charging port of your Garmin watch.
2. Plug the AC adapter into the power source or wall outlet.
3. Turn ON the Switch, and the charge will start charging.
These are the ways to charge the Garmin watch. In addition to the above methods, you can directly connect the Garmin watch to a PC using a Type-C USB cable and can charge it.
Frequently Asked Questions
To check the battery level on Garmin Watch, go to Settings >> Click System >> Tap Battery.
Yes. There are different devices to charge the Garmin watch. To know about the devices, refer to the blog.
Yes. By using a Charging Dock, you can charge the Garmin watch wirelessly.