The first and foremost thing you should know is Kodi helps you to set your own Home theatre. Kodi has been serving in the market for almost 2 decades. Originally designed for Xbox and now ruling all platforms. Formerly, it is known as Xbox Media Center (XBMC). Kodi is customizable and that too for free with addons. Kodi turns each and every device into a Setup box or a streaming device. As we all know Chromecast is one of the top Streaming devices used worldwide from Google. Kodi is not a compatible Chromecast app but there are a few ways to Chromecast Kodi to TV.
How to Chromecast Kodi Media Player to TV?
Kodi doesn’t have native support for or from Chromecast. So the possible way is to Screen Mirroring.
- Cast Kodi from Android devices.
- Cast Kodi using Window PC
- Using iOS devices to cast Kodi.
- Alternative Method – Using File Manager
Chromecast Kodi from Android devices
1. First, connect your Chromecast and Android phone or tablet to the same WiFi network.
2. Now download and install Kodi from the Playstore.
3. Open the Kodi application and log in to your account.
4. Now download and configure the addons to stream your favorite contents.
5. Now open the Settings of your mobile.
6. Scroll down to find the “Bluetooth and Connected devices” or “Screen Sharing” option.
7. Choose “Cast” and enable the Wireless display option.
8. Now choose the Chromecast device to which you want to cast and select the “Cast Screen” option.
9. Now, open the Kodi application and you can play the contents that you want to see on your TV.
You can also use the Google Home app to screen mirror Kodi on Chromecast connected TV.
Chromecast Kodi using Window PC
Follow the steps below to cast Kodi using Windows PC:
1. Open Google Chrome Browser on your PC.
2. Connect your Chromecast and computer to the same WiFi network.
3. Right-click on the browser from the pop-up menu choose “cast“.
Alternatively, you can get this option by clicking the three-dotted menu option on the top-right corner of the screen as well.
4. Your computer will search for the available devices and displays them.
5. Click the source drop-down box, then choose Cast Desktop.
6. Give the required permission by choosing the Share Entire Screen.
7. Open Kodi app and play your favourite content.
Kodi app is officially available on Microsoft Store. You can install it on your Windows using the store.
Using iOS devices to cast Kodi
Kodi app is not available on App Store. You can download and install it from Kodi official website.
1. Now install Chromecast Streamer app on your iPhone.
2. Connect your iPhone and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the app and click on Screen mirror option.
4. Now choose the device name to mirror your iPhone screen.
The entire iPhone screen will get mirrored. Open Kodi app and start using it on the TV.
Alternative Method – Using File Manager
1. Connect your Android device and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
2. Download the Localcast app, ES File Explorer, Kodi, and PlayerFactoryCore.XML File on your Android device.
3. Open ES File Explorer then go to Settings >> Display Settings.
4. Enable the toggle near “Show hidden Files“.
5. Now open the folder where the downloaded (PlayerFactoryCore) XML file is and copy it.
6. Go the below path and paste the XML file.
Android > Data > org.xbmc.kodi > files > .Kodi > userdata > paste the XML file
7. Open the Kodi app on your Android phone and open the video you would like to play.
8. Kodi app will launch the Localcast app.
9. Choose your Chromecast device and as usual, your screen is on TV now.
The above are the four different ways to Chromecast Kodi Media Player to your TV. You can choose any 1 method depending on the device you are using. If you have any doubts, ask us in the comment section below.