- Vimeo is a Chromecast-compatible app.
- Android & iOS: Install the Vimeo app → Open → Sign in → Tap the Cast icon → Select Chromecast → Play any Vimeo video → Watch the video on TV.
- PC (Chrome Browser): Open Chrome → Visit the Vimeo website → Log in → Click the three-dotted icon → Tap Cast → Click Sources → Select Cast tab → Tap Chromecast → Play a video.
Vimeo is a video-sharing platform launched in the year 2004. It consists of videos on different genres and themes. The videos in the Vimeo app are created by artists. You can also upload videos on the Vimeo app. It is a freemium app that can be accessed for free with certain restrictions. The free users can upload videos up to 500 MB per week and gets 5 GB of storage space. Vimeo offers different types of subscription plans. It comprises videos in 1080p and 4K quality. You can like, comment, and share videos on Vimeo. If you want to watch Vimeo videos on TV, Chromecast is the best option. There are different types of Chromecast devices available. Connect Chromecast Ultra or later Chromecast device to your TV and cast the Vimeo videos from your smartphone or PC.
How to Chromecast Vimeo Videos from Android Smartphone
1) Connect your Chromecast and Android device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Download and install the Vimeo app from the Play Store.
3) Launch the app and sign in to your account.
4) Tap the cast icon at the top right corner.
5) Now, select your Chromecast device from the available devices.
6) Now, the Vimeo app screen will be displayed on your Chromecast-connected TV.
7) Play any video on the Vimeo app and stream it on your TV.
Note: You can also use the Google Home app to cast your Android screen on your TV.
How to Chromecast Vimeo Videos from iPhone or iPad
2) Install the Vimeo app from the App Store and launch it.
3) Log in with your account credentials.
4) Now, select a video that you want to cast.
5) Then, select the Cast icon on the bottom right corner.
6) Tap your Chromecast device from the list.
7) Once connected, you can watch the Vimeo video on your TV.
How to Cast Vimeo to Chromecast-connected TV from PC (Windows/Mac)
1) Connect the Chromecast to the Wi-Fi network, same as your PC.
2) Open Google Chrome and visit vimeo.com.
3) Enter your account credentials to sign in.
4) Click on the three-dotted icon at the top right corner.
5) Select the Cast option from the list.
6) Click Sources and tap the option Cast tab.
7) Now, select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
8) Now, you will see the Vimeo website on your TV screen. Select a video and watch it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Play any Video on the Vimeo app and select the cast icon displayed at the bottom. Then, hit the name of your Chromecast device to cast the content.
Yes. You can use Vimeo for free with certain limitations.
If you cannot cast the Vimeo app to Chromecast-connected TV, follow the steps below to fix the issue.
★ Restart your Chromecast device and try again.
☆ Check whether you have connected the Chromecast and the casting device to the same Wi-Fi.
★ Update Chromecast to the latest version.
☆ Turn Off your Chromecast for some time and connect it.
★ If none of the above methods work, reset your Chromecast device to fix the issue.