Strava is designed to track and analyze every other detail of your activity. It lets you measure your performance in the best-in-class. A lot of sports watches are made compatible with Strava to record the activities. Garmin is one of the most noticeable smartwatch brands to work with Strava. To take advantage of this, it is crucial to connect Garmin to Strava. With this, all your activity recorded by the Garmin watch will be sync to Strava. Get to know how to Connect Garmin to Strava from here.
Advantages of Connecting Garmin with Strava
Garmin users will get the following advantages upon connecting to the Strava account.
- Get access to Strava Segments that records where you run along with your performance under Segments.
- Tracks you against others who have run or cycled that segment and helps track your improvement.
- It remembers your routes and provides similar routes as suggestions for improvements.
Before jumping into the steps, ensure to update your Garmin watch to the latest version.
How to Connect Garmin to Strava?
There are two different methods in which you can connect Garmin to Strava.
- Garmin Connect App
- Using Garmin Connect Web
- Garmin Connect account
- Strava account
- Android or iOS smartphone
- WiFi connection
Connect Garmin to Strava using Garmin Connect App
Before proceeding any further, you need to have logged in to the Strava account on your phone.
1. Launch Garmin Connect App from the apps column on Android or iOS handheld.
2. To open app menu, press the Menu icon on Android and More icon on iOS.
3. Choose the Settings option to click on Partner Apps or Third-Party Apps.
4. On the list of apps, select Strava and then click on Agree or Get Started button.
5. If prompted to log into the Strava account, enter the necessary details, and click on Authorize.
6. When the Garmin Connect account gets sync to Strava, your past 90 days activity will be accessible on Garmin Connect App.
Connect Garmin to Strava using Garmin Connect Web
With a segment compatible device connected to the Garmin Connect account, you can follow the steps given below.
FYI: Garmin watch with Live Strava Segments support
- Forerunner 935/945/745
- Garmin Forerunner 735 XT
- Fenix 6/5
1. Visit the official website of Garmin Connect and sign in to your account.
2. On the Dashboard, select the option to add a widget.
3. Click on Segments under Add to Dashboard menu.
4. Then, select the Use Strava Segments option.
5. Further, choose Connect with Strava and click on Agree on the prompts.
6. When the initial sync gets completed, you have linked Garmin to Strava from the web.
That was all about connecting Garmin with Strava using different methods. Hope that sounds useful. Got any questions? Ask us through the comments section.