Nintendo Switch Consoles one of the most sophisticated gaming consoles. You can use the consoles in three modes: Handheld mode, Tabletop mode, and TV mode. As a console user, you may prefer different modes for each game. FPV games like PUBG will be best at Handheld mode. Open-view games need a bigger display, and you want a bigger screen. For those games, you can connect your Nintendo Switch to your TV. That is the TV mode.
To set the console to TV mode, you need to make some console adjustments and some external wire connection. For TV mode, the TV you are connecting to must have an HDMI port.
How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV?
(1) As a first step, remove the Joy-Con controllers from the console.
(2) Open the backside from the Nintendo Switch dock. You will see three ports. The upper port is for power supply, the middle port is for USB connection, and the lower port is for HDMI output.
(3) Connect the micro-USB cable to the power supply port and the other end to the power outlet.
(4) Then, connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI output port and the other end to the TV. After that, close the backside.
(5) Now, insert the console into the dock, display facing the front side of the dock.
(6) After that, turn on your TV and choose the correct HDMI output. You will get the Nintendo screen on your TV.
(7) For controllers, you have two options. You can use a wired or wireless gaming controller that can be connected to the TV. Or else, you can use the Joy-Con controller with the Joy-Con Grip. The Joy-Con will automatically be connected to your console.
Other Two Modes
Handheld mode is the standard model in the Nintendo Switch console. This is more like gaming on smartphones where you can play at any position. Connect the Joy-Con controller to the console and play the game. It is the most preferred gaming mode in the console.
Tabletop mode is a kind of PC gaming but with a small display. Connect the Joy-Con controller to the Joy-Con grip and place the console on a table or floor with the help of a back stand. This mode comes in handy when you don’t want to hold the console for a longer time.
Related: How to Restart Nintendo Switch?
These are the simple steps you need to follow to connect your Nintendo Console to your TV. When connected to the TV, you will get a bigger screen and will get the experience of PlayStation or Xbox gaming. If you want, you can also use the console in Tablet mode. Most of the games in the Nintendo Console supports all three modes, you can choose the gaming mode based on your preferences. If you have any difficulties or doubts, tell us in the comments below.