Roku remote is essential to control the Roku device for streaming. You can download apps, purchase a subscription, and connect to the WiFi with the Roku remote easily. Suppose the Roku remote is not working properly or is damaged due to the breakage option. You will be left with Roku mobile app to control the device. Now, can we connect Roku to WiFi without a remote? Yes, we can connect Roku to WiFi without the remote through Roku mobile app or mobile hotspot.
During the initial setup, you should connect your Roku to your WiFi network, and Roku connects to the same network automatically whenever you turn it on. If you change your WiFi settings, Roku won’t recognize the network.
Connect Roku to WiFi without Remote using Mobile Hotspot
1) On your Smartphone, go to the Settings menu and click on Mobile Hotspot.
2) Next, click on Set up Mobile Hotspot to open the Hotspot menu.
3) Now, you will be prompted to continue to the menu. Click OK to continue.
4) Change the WiFi name and password like the old WiFi used on the Roku device.
5) Alter the security to WPA1 PSK.
6) Now, turn on the mobile hotspot, and the Roku device will recognize the mobile hotspot as a home WiFi network.
Now, your Roku device will connect to the hotspot automatically and leave your phone aside to stream the content on Roku.
How to Connect Roku to WiFi without Remote using Roku App
Note: You need two Smartphones for this process.
2) Connect your second smartphone to the mobile hotspot like before you have connected.
3) Next, open the Roku app and go to the remote controls.
4) Now, you can control the Roku device with the Smartphone.
5) Using your phone, go to Settings on Roku.
6) Select Network in the Settings.
7) Click Wired if your Roku device supports an Ethernet port. Otherwise, select Wireless and click on Set up new Wireless connection.
8) Then, your Roku will scan for the nearby WiFi connections. When it finds your WiFi, click on it.
9) On the next screen, enter the new password and click on Connect.
10) The Roku device will look for the wireless connection, and you will get a notification when it is connected.
Now, you can connect to the new WiFi on your Smartphone to control the device with the Roku app.
Related: How to Reset Roku Remote If Not Working
The user should have the Roku app on their smartphone to connect Roku TV/ Box/ Stick / Express to WiFi without a remote. It also helps to connect the Roku device to the Hotel WiFi without the remote, when you left the remote in your home. In case you have any suggestions or queries, post them in the comments section.