Playing games on the computer relaxes our minds. PC gaming offers multiple ways to get the best playing experience. Playing games on PC using the default mouse and keyboard may not be comfortable. To avoid this, we can use game controllers to play more comfortably. Xbox One controller is the primary game controller for PC. It is compatible with all operating systems like Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. The ways of connecting Xbox one controller may vary based on its type. Let’s go through the steps to connect Xbox one controller to the PC.
We can connect Xbox one controller to the PC in three ways, that are using a USB cable, Bluetooth, and the Wireless adapter.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC using USB Cable
The micro USB connector is available in all versions of the Xbox One Controller, so it is easy to connect through a USB cable.
1) Connect your USB cable to your PC.
2) And connect the micro USB cable end to your Xbox one controller.
3) Now, click on the Xbox logo on your computer to turn it on, and enjoy playing your games.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC via Bluetooth
Xbox One Controller has built-in Bluetooth compatibility, so you can connect to your PC with ease.
1) Power on the Xbox one controller by holding the Xbox logo.
2) Switch-on Bluetooth on your PC. Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices and turn on the Bluetooth.
3) The PC can automatically discover the Xbox controller. If not, select Add Bluetooth or Other devices under Bluetooth and other devices.
4) Click on the + sign. In the new Add a device window, select Bluetooth.
5) Now, your PC will search for available devices and select your Xbox One Controller from the list.
6) Click on pair to connect your controller and then start playing your games wirelessly.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC using Xbox Wireless Adapter
If you want to use this method, you need to buy Xbox wireless adapter, which costs $25.
1) Connect your Xbox wireless adapter to the USB port on your PC.
2) Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > Other devices.
3) In that, select Xbox wireless adapter for Windows.
4) When the adapter is ready, go to the controller and click on the Xbox logo.
5) Now, press and hold the Bind button on the top of the controller until the Xbox logo starts flashing.
6) Then go back to your Adapter, press and hold the Bind button until a small light flashes.
7) When both, controller and adapter stops flashing, it means they are connected.
8) Now, you can play and enjoy your games.
Related: How to Stream Xbox One to PC
Xbox One Controller provides you the best experience to play games on PC, and it offers many cool features to play. We have clearly explained three methods and use any of these methods to connect your Xbox One Controller to your PC. If you have any doubt, ask us in the comment section.