TikTok is a social media platform that allows users to create, share and watch short videos. This platform is owned by the Chinese company ByteDance. All the contents in the TikTok app are user-generated videos. TikTok is a fun app to use. However, this app also has certain demerits. Recently, TikTok faced an allegation regarding data collection. This application monitors the user’s activity and stores various information such as browsing histories, keystroke patterns, biometric identifiers, etc. This application is officially banned in several countries. TikTok also kills the valuable time of the users. If you no longer intend to use TikTok, then you need to delete your TikTok account before uninstalling the app. You can deactivate your TikTok account on the TikTok app or website. But, keep in mind that deleting your TikTok removes all data, including posts, followers, etc.
How to Delete a TikTok Account on TikTok App
(1) Launch the TikTok app on your Android or iOS device.
(2) Navigate to the Me tab at the bottom.
(3) Select the Hamburger or three-doted icon at the top.
(4) Tap the option Manage account displayed under Privacy and Settings.
(5) Scroll to the bottom and select Delete account. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to deactivate your TikTok account.
How to Deactivate a TikTok Account on TikTok Website
(1) Open a browser on your Mac or Windows PC.
(2) Click on the search bar and go to the TikTok website.
(3) Tap the Sign in button and use your account credentials to log in.
(4) Select your Profile picture exhibited in the top right corner.
(5) Locate and select the option Settings.
(6) Hit the option Manage Account in the left panel.
(7) Tap Delete placed right to the option Delete account.
(8) Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to deactivate your TikTok account.
Other Deletion Guides:
- How to Delete Yubo Account
- How to Delete GroupMe Account
- How to Delete a Skype Account
- How to Delete Your Myspace Account
Frequently Asked Questions
To Delete your TikTok account, launch the TikTok app >> Me >> Hamburger icon >> Manage account >> Delete account.
It will take up to 30 days to remove your TikTok account.
By deleting your TikTok account, you will lose all your followers, posts, and messages.
Yes. You can reactivate the TikTok account within 30 days of account deletion.