LG Smart TVs provide great audio-visual experiences. They explain themselves as Internet-connected TVs that give access to the world of entertainment. Unlike other Smart TVs, they run on a dedicated operating system called WebOS. Therefore, you can install the applications that are compatible with this OS. To install new apps, they offer a dedicated store named LG Content Store. Here is the guide to download apps from LG Content Store if you’re a new LG Smart TV user.
Like other Smart TVs, LG Smart TV comes with some pre-installed apps like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and a few more.
Install Apps on LG Smart TV
Step 1: Power on your LG Smart TV and connect it to a WiFi connection.
Step 2: Now, press the Home button on your LG TV remote. It will open up the LG Smart TV home screen.
Step 3: Hover to the LG Content Store and open it.
Step 4: On the left panel, choose the apps section. Select a category that includes entertainment, game, education, streaming, etc.
Step 5: Go through the list to find your desired app.
Step 6: If you cannot find the app, use the Search option.
Step 7: Select the app that you want.
Step 8: On the information page, select the INSTALL button.
Step 9: After installation, hit the LAUNCH button to open it.
You can also find the application on the Apps section of our LG TV home screen.
HINT! Regularly, Update apps on LG Smart TV to get the latest features and media contents.
Can I Add or Download Third-party Apps on LG Smart TV?
No. You cannot add any third party apps to your LG Smart TV. As said earlier, this TV runs on dedicated operating and wouldn’t allow you to add any third-party apps.
If you want to view any such apps, then the only available way is to go for screen mirroring.
- Connect your smartphone or PC to the same WiFi network as that of your LG Smart TV.
- Android Phone
- Settings >> Connected devices >> Connection preferences >> Cast.
- Then, from the available devices, choose LG Smart TV.
- Open screen share on your TV and enable permission.
- That’s it. Your mobile would be mirrored on the TV. Now, open the app and stream the contents.
- Windows PC
- On your LG TV go to home screen >> More >> Device Connector >> PC >> Screen share.
- Choose Miracast on the left panel and then select Start. Not down the pin.
- On your Windows 10, click on the notifications icon on the bottom-right corner, and choose Connect.
- Choose LG smart TV. Enter the pin and click Next.
- Now, stream the contents that you want.
- Mac Airplay 2
- Click on the Airplay icon on the top Menu bar.
- Choose LG TV from available devices.
- Click on Mirror built-in display.
- Your Mac will mirror on the LG TV.
Uninstall the Apps
- Go to Edit mode.
- Click on the X mark located above the app that you want to delete.
- Choose Yes to confirm the action.
That’s it. Your app will be deleted.
Finally, if you have any difficulties, try restarting your LG Smart TV or update the firmware to fix the issue. Still finding difficulties, then write to us in the comment section below.