Cookies are the data stored on smartphones while browsing the internet. These are the data about the user who visited the webpage. With this information, you will get personalized recommendations, targetted Google ads, and so on. By default, the cookies on the Chrome browser are enabled automatically to store information about you. But sometimes, it may harm your privacy too. If you want, you can turn off the Chrome cookies on your Android smartphone.
Enable/Turn on Cookies on Android
(1) Open the Google Chrome browser on your Android smartphone.
(2) Click the three-dotted icon on the top right of the screen.
(3) Scroll down on the right pane and choose the Settings option.
(4) On the Settings menu, select the Site settings option.
(5) Tap the Cookies option.
(6) Four options will appear.
Block third-party cookies in Incognito: This will block third-party cookies while browsing in Incognito mode, and the webpage you visit will have restrictions like GPS.
Block third-party cookies: This will block third-party cookies while browsing with restrictions.
Allow cookies: This will allow storing your cookie data to all the webpages you visit, and the website will function normally without any restrictions.
Block all cookies: This will block all the cookies, and the webpage can’t store any of your information.
Do you know? You can view saved passwords on the Chrome browser by navigating to its settings.
(7) Choose your preferred option.
(8) If you want to add a specific website with an exception, click the Add Site Exception option.
(9) Enter the URL that you want to block cookies on your Android smartphone and click the Add button.
Cookies are data created by the webpages you visit on your Android smartphone. With cookies, you can minimize the manual work. For instance, if you are logging into your Instagram account on Chrome while allowing cookies, it will save your login credentials. So, you don’t need to enter your login credentials for the next time. If you don’t allow cookies, you need to enter your login information every time you sign in.
Enabling and disabling the cookies on Android smartphones is completely based on user preference. If you don’t want to store any of your personal information on the webpage, you can block or turn off the cookies on your Android smartphone. If you want, you can allow cookies based on the four options you have on the Chrome browser.