Evernote is a well-known and best note-taking application to organize your text, pictures, videos, and audio recordings. With Evernote, you can write notes, attach documents, scan images, and take voice memos or clips from the web. You can organize everything from business to personal moments in a single place. Since Evernote stores all your files and documents on the cloud, you can access them at any time and from anywhere you want. However, using or reading anything on bright light for a long time always affects the eyes. When Evernote was released, it didn’t have in-built support for dark mode. Evernote Corporation had introduced the dark theme support to reduce eye strain as with the customer request. If you want to make use of this useful feature, you should know how to enable Dark Mode on Evernote.
How to Enable Evernote Dark Mode
Since Evernote is a cross-platform app, the steps to enable dark mode on Evernote differ in all of them. Check out the below space for the step-by-step guide.
Enable Evernote Dark Mode in Android Devices
The below steps will work if you have the latest version of the Evernote app on your Android device.
1. Download Evernote from Play Store and launch the app after the installation.
2. Click on the three lines from the bottom left corner.
3. Now tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the menu and select Dark mode.
4. On the following screen, select a dark mode setting, then tap the back arrow to save the settings.
Note: On the Older Version of the Evernote App on Android, you shall turn on the dark mode settings of the device.
1. Launch the Evernote app on your Android device.
2. Hover to click on the Menu button.
3. On the menu, choose Dark Theme and toggle the switch.
4. With this, the dark theme on the Evernote app gets turned on.
Enable Dark Mode on Evernote in iOS
If your iPhone has iOS 13 and above, you shall turn on the Dark theme on the Evernote app.
1. Install the Evernote app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
2. Launch the app and tap the three lines in the bottom left corner to open the menu.
3. Now, tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the menu and select Dark mode.
4. Then, select the dark mode setting and tap on the back arrow to save the settings.
Note: Evernote on iPhone/iPad old versions don’t come with built-in dark mode. So you have to enable the dark mode on your iOS settings.
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Click on Display & Brightness.
3. Under the appearance, section select Dark mode.
4. Now launch the Evernote app on iPhone/iPad. The dark theme will appear automatically.
Related: How to Enable Dark Mode on Pinterest on Smartphone & PC
Turn On Evernote Dark Mode on Windows & Mac PC
1. Launch the Evernote app on your Windows or Mac PC.
2. Click on the View option on the menu bar.
3. Navigate to Dark Mode and select dark mode settings for Evernote.
Alternative Way: Launch Evernote and choose Dark Mode. Select a dark mode setting. It works on both Windows and Mac PC.
Enable Evernote Dark Mode on Web
1) Open a web browser of your choice and visit the web version of Evernote.
2) You have to log in to your account and then hit the drop-down icon, which is located next to your profile name on the left corner.
3) Click on Preferences, and then select Dark mode settings.
These were the steps to enable dark themes on Evernote in different devices. If you are a person who uses Evernote app during the nighttime, the dark mode setting will really be helpful to you. Upon turning it on, you shall avoid straining your eyes. In case of having any doubt regarding this article, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments section.