- iPhone 8 or later (iOS16): Open Settings → Sounds & Haptics → Keyboard Feedback → Enable Haptic.
- iPhone 7 or earlier: Open Settings → General → Keyboard → Keyboards → Add New Keyboard → Gboard → Download the Gboard → Enable Allow full access → Launch Gboard → Keyboard Settings → Turn ON Enable haptic feedback on key press.
On September 12, Apple launched iOS 16 to all its iPhone 8 or above model users. With this update, you can customize the lock screen by changing clocks, adding wallpapers, and more. In addition, the iOS 16 also comes with some beneficial features like lockdown mode, live text OCR, haptic for the keyboard, and more. One of the most awaited features of iOS 16 is the Haptic for iPhone keyboard. By enabling this Haptic option, you can feel the vibration while typing text on the iPhone keyboard. You can easily enable this option in the Sounds & Haptics section of your iPhone settings.
How to Turn On Haptic Feedback on iPhone Keyboard [iPhone 8 or Later]
If you have iPhone 8 or later models, you can use the below steps to enable haptic feedback on the iPhone keyboard. Before following the steps, check whether you have updated the iPhone to the latest version, iOS 16.
(1) Launch Settings on your iPhone.
(2) Click on the options Sounds & Haptics.
(3) Tap Keyboard Feedback from the list of options.
(4) Now, tap the toggle button near Haptic to enable the vibration while typing on the Keyboard.
(5) If you want the keyboard sound while typing, click the toggle switch near Sound.
How to Enable Haptic Feedback on iPhone Keyboard [iPhone 7 and Earlier Models]
(1) Open Settings on your iPhone.
(2) Select the option General.
(3) Tap Keyboard and select Keyboards on the next page.
(4) Select the option Add New Keyboard and tap Gboard.
(5) Again, click on the Gboard to download the Google keyboard on your iPhone.
(6) Toggle the button Allow full access.
(7) Launch the Gboard on your iPhone and select the option Keyboard settings.
(8) Enable the option Enable haptic feedback on key press to enable the Haptic feedback on your Gboard.
(9) You will feel the vibration while typing on your iPhone using the Gboard.
Yes. By enabling the Haptic in your iPhone keyboard, you will feel the vibration whenever you type.
You can enable the haptic feedback on your iPhone keyboard in the Sounds & Haptics section on Settings.
To turn off the Haptic keyboard on your iPhone, go to Settings >> Sounds & Haptics >> Keyboard Feedback >> Disable Haptic.