- Messenger is not available for Samsung Galaxy Watch.
- But, you can receive and reply to Messenger messages by enabling the option Notifications in the Galaxy Watch app.
Facebook Messenger is a messaging app owned by Meta. With this app, you can chat with your Facebook friends at ease. Now, it has extended its chat support to Instagram. Also, you can manage your phone messages through Messenger. Galaxy Watches make it easy to check calls and messages instantly without accessing your smartphone. Like WhatsApp, you can also get Facebook Messenger on Samsung Galaxy Watch. You cannot directly download the Facebook Messenger app on the Samsung Galaxy Watch, but you can receive and reply to the messages from your Galaxy Watch.
How to Receive Facebook Messenger Notifications on Samsung Galaxy Watch
 Launch the Facebook Messenger app and log in to the app with your Facebook account credentials.
 Go to Settings on your smartphone and select the option Connections.
 Navigate to the option Bluetooth and enable it by clicking the toggle button.
 Open the Wearable app on your smartphone and select your Galaxy watch from the list of smartwatches.
 Click OK to connect the Galaxy watch to your phone.
After connecting the Galaxy Watch, update the Samsung Galaxy Watch to the latest version.
 Open the Wearable app on your smartphone and go to Settings.
 Navigate to option Watch software update and tap it.
 Click Download and install to check for updates.
 If an update is available, hit the option Install now button to update the Galaxy Watch.
Note: Watch will disconnect from the wearable app while installing the update. It will automatically reconnect when the update is done.
Turn ON Facebook Messenger Notification
 In the Galaxy wearable app, select the Notifications option.
 Turn on the notifications toggle (if not) and choose Apps to get Notifications from.
 Choose All to display all the apps.
 Scroll down to Messenger and turn on the toggle button to receive notifications.
Note: If you can’t see the messenger app inside notifications, check whether you have updated your watch software to the latest version. Still, if you cannot get the notifications, restart your Galaxy Watch and try again.
How to Reply to Messenger Notifications on Samsung Galaxy Watch
1. To reply to a Messenger message, just tap it.
2. You will be navigated to the message screen. Here, you will have different options to reply to a message.
- Microphone icon: Use your voice to send a reply message.
- Keyboard icon: Type your own words by clicking this icon.
- Emoji icon: You can also send a reply to a message using your desired emoji.
- Gesture icon: Type a message using gestures.
3. Below these icons, you will find several pre-filled messages. Select a message and send it from your Galaxy Watch.
Frequently Asked Questions
To get the Messenger app’s text messages on Galaxy Watch 4, you need to enable the notifications for Messenger on the Wearable app.
Yes. You can pair Samsung Galaxy Watch with iPhone using the Wearable app.