TikTok is a great platform where tons of creators seek attention. Those with unique talents, guts, and time are just ruling TikTok. There are lots and lots of stuff you can do and enjoy it. So becoming a TikTok star or celebrity is more like an honor. Like most social platform apps, TikTok does support verified badges. It is nothing but the blue tick mark near the profile name. To get the verified badge, a user needs to be popular and requires a specific number of followers, likes, comments, etc. The verified badge shows that the particular profile is famous and trustable. If you are one of those who want to know how to get verified on TikTok, follow the pro tips.
Types of Verified Badges on Tiktok
We have got two different types of verified badges on TikTok.
1. Verified Account
This particular badge is available only for celebrities or business organizations who are more reliable. This checkmark is a little hard to get.
2. Popular Creator
This is pretty easy to get by making sure a few stuff like followers, account being active, and genuineness.
If you want to get any of the above badges, make sure you are abiding by the rules of TikTok. Moreover, you don’t violate any conditions.
Common Misconceptions in Getting Blue Checkmark Next to Username
1. Should I apply?
Applying for the verification on TikTok is not similar to that of Instagram or Twitter. The team will find accounts that match the criteria and grants them on their initiative.
2. Can I buy?
No, you cannot buy the verified sign on TikTok. The TikTok teams themselves select the account and proceed with the process, and they wouldn’t charge any money. If you have been asked for money, there is a 100% chance that it is a scam.
Criteria for Getting Verified on TikTok
There are lots of factors that can get you verified. Again getting a Verified account is not easy. For that, you need to be famous even before coming to TikTok. To get TikTok popular creator verified badge, you should meet the following criteria.
1. Followers – A good number of followers is required but not mandatory. All they consider is the views of the videos. That actually indicates the watch time.
2. Watch Time – Even the watch time has to be improved daily.
3. Consistent Follower Growth – The follower’s growth must be consistent like – you should get 500-2000 followers daily.
4. Media Popularity – If your account is featured in media like newspapers, TV, social media, or magazine, they will consider you for a verified badge.
5. Viral Contents – The easiest way is to provide contents that go viral often.
6. Social Media Popularity – If you have a verified account in other social media platforms like FB or Instagram, or Twitter, then there is a chance for you getting verified on TikTok.
Related: How to Delete Comments on YouTube Videos
How to Get Verified on TikTok?
The TikTok official site stated as “There are several factors considered in granting the verification badge on TikTok that includes the notable account being authentic, unique, active, and of course, adheres to our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.”
Your account must be authentic and reliable. It means the account you use shouldn’t be fake. The account you own and the contents you post must be genuine. For instance, an actor or celebrity’s account shows a verified badge. However, their fan pages or those who replicate the account will not have the badge due to its inauthentic and copied nature.
Most of the TikTokers are trying to imitate or copy some celebrities and other famous persons. It is to note that this will not get you the verified badge. Instead, you shall put some thoughts and create your content. Be more creative or innovative, and this will earn you more followers and views. As a result, you will get the chance for a verified badge. The little tip for creativity doesn’t mean the content to be the best because all the insane stuff goes so viral.
The next but the important thing is you have to be an active user of your TikTok. Your account must be used consistently in one way or the other. To be precise, add more and more videos every day and provide some form of content for your followers to watch, which will increase the view time. Moreover, the followers should also like and comment on those videos as a part of your account is active. Tagging and responding will also do additional benefits.
Adhere to the TikTok Community Guidelines and Terms of Service
There are a set of rules that you need to abide by if you are a TikTok user. You should avoid following the persons who indulge themselves in the following.
- Dangerous individuals or organizations
- Criminals or crime conducting people
- Illegal activities and regulated goods
- Sale or use of a weapon
- Drugs and controlled substances
- frauds and scams
- Violent and graphic contents – Animals
- Suicide or self-harm or Harassment or bullying
- Hate speech or attack on protected groups or Slurs
- Infringement of other’s content or intellectual properties
- Adult or nude contents
- Child abuse or grooming behaviors
- Misleading information or spam
Getting verified isn’t necessary, or it doesn’t prove that you are talented or genuine. Remember to not stress yourself in getting verified too. There is no point in hanging up to it. You don’t need it to grow yourself, and your honor and respect don’t depend on it.
Instead of focusing on getting verified, spend time creating more beautiful content, and make more connections. The rest will come to you at best.