Apple Watch is the most feature-rich wearable ever. This smartwatch, when paired with the iPhone, will simplify lots of tasks. While it is most often used for tracking health and fitness, it does a little more extra, like responding to messages, listening to music, etc. The watchOS needs to be paired up with the iPhone to access the other features. You shall leave your iPhone behind once after you pair Apple Watch with your iPhone. With this, you can track your sleep, steps, calories burnt, heart rate, etc., even when you are away from the iPhone.
Guidelines to Pair Apple Watch to iPhone
Whether you have unboxed an Apple Watch or have a brand new iPhone, pairing up Apple Watch with iPhone is the primary. The procedure given below will help you out with the same.
Things you Need
- Apple ID and its associated password
- iPhone with internet access or connected to WiFi
- Apple Watch and iPhone charged
- Apple Watch passcode
- Turn On Bluetooth and WiFi on watchOS and iPhone
How to Pair Apple Watch to iPhone
(1) Initially, press and hold the side button below the Apple Watch’s digital crown.
(2) Wait for a few minutes after you see the Apple logo on your watch.
(3) On the following screen, choose the language and region, respectively.
(4) Now, hold your watchOS close enough to your iPhone.
(5) Check your iPhone for Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch notification. Once you find it, hit the Continue button.
- If in case you don’t get the notification, launch the Apple Watch app and select the Start Pairing option to pair it manually.
(6) On your Apple Watch, click on the Start Pairing option.
(7) When watchOS shows an animation, you shall need to position your iPhone camera over the watch. Make sure the highlighted area appears on the viewfinder of your iPhone to connect iPhone and watchOS.
(8) Upon identifying, you will get Watch is paired alert on your iPhone. Choose either of the options.
- Select Restore from Backup when done with the backup process of your watch.
- To pair a brand new watchOS, then tap on Set Up as New Apple Watch.
- Sometimes, it might ask to update Apple Watch OS. Update watchOS to proceed.
(9) Choose the Wrist Preference by pressing Left or Right to see the screen orientation accordingly.
(10) Further, read the Terms and Conditions to press Agree button.
(11) Provide your iCloud account details and watchOS will log in automatically.
(12) On the Shared Settings screen, it shows the settings it uses with the iPhone. Press OK.
(13) The next screen will ask you to Install Available apps.
- Choose Install All to download all watchOS compatible apps.
- Otherwise, select Choose Later to get apps later.
(14) On the Apple Watch Passcode screen, select any of the options
- Create a Passcode to create a passcode of 4-digit
- Add a Long Passcode to set up a passcode of up to an 8-digit length
- Don’t Add a Passcode to skip this process for now
(15) On the following screens, choose to set up Apple Pay, Emergency SOS, Heart Health, cellular plan, etc.
(16) Allow Apple Watch to sync to complete pairing Watch with iPhone.
How to Resolve Apple Watch Stuck while Pairing?
In unfortunate cases, your watchOS might get stuck while performing the pairing process. This can be resolved with the steps given below:
(1) Press and hold the Digital Crown and the side button of the Apple Watch until it restarts.
(2) Gently release the fingers when restart begins.
(3) Select the Reset option and watchOS will reset.
(4) You have to then pair it just by following the above procedure.
Pairing watchOS with iPhone doesn’t need any technical knowledge or following a manual. It is just as simple as using Apple Watch. Use the comments section to ask your queries or any issues about the same.