Amazon is the world’s biggest and most used online shopping and streaming site. It wouldn’t have gained so much popularity and userbase without the convenience of its users’ payment option. Yes, Amazon lets its users manage and access the account details effortlessly. In other words, users will be able to use different payment options for their purchase on e-commerce or streaming platform. Amazon supports saving the payment details of the user like credit or debit cards, e-wallets, etc. This way, users will be able to checkout at a lightning-fast rate. If you don’t want to use your credit card details that you have linked with your Amazon account any further, consider removing it. Here are the steps to Remove your Credit Card from Amazon.
Possible Reasons to Unlink Credit Card
For the following reasons, users of Amazon can unlink the credit card information from their accounts.
- Updating a new credit card info
- Security or other concerns
- To stay away from a data breach
- If you don’t want to overspend
How to Remove your Credit Card from Amazon?
The step-by-step instruction given below will help you delete your credit card from the Amazon account.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit https://www.amazon.com.
2. Navigate to the top of the screen to select Accounts and Lists. Further, choose the Your Account option.
3. On the following screen, click on Payment options under the Ordering and shopping preferences section.
4. Now, go to Your credit and debit cards section to click on the down arrow next to the credit card you want to remove.
5. When the column expands, select Remove button.
6. On the confirmation pop-up, select Confirm Remove, and this will delete your credit card from the Amazon account.
Related: How to remove credit card from Xbox?
And that’s all about removing your existing credit card from your Amazon account. If in case you have got any issues, then let us hear it from your comments.