- Twitter Website: Open a browser → Visit Twitter website → Login → Click Profile → Followers → Select a follower → Click the three-dotted icon → Tap Remove this follower → Select Remove.
- Twitter App: Launch Twitter →Tap the Profile icon → Profile → Followers → Select a follower → Click the three-dotted icon → Remove this follower → Tap Remove.
Like Instagram, Twitter also allows other users to follow your account. Anybody can follow your Twitter account without your permission. Recently, Twitter has added the ability to remove followers without indicating them with any notifications. You can easily remove unknown strangers from your follower list on the Twitter app or website. The removed followers can’t see your tweets in their timelines. But they can still send direct messages to you. If you don’t want a follower to send a message, you can block that follower’s account.
How to Remove Followers on Twitter Website
(1) Open the browser on your Mac or Windows PC.
(2) Go to the official Twitter website and log in to your account.
(3) Hit the Profile icon at the top and select Profile on the left pane.
(4) Select Followers to view the followers of your account.
(5) Choose the follower whom you wish to remove.
(6) Click on the three-dotted icon near the follower’s name and select Remove this follower.
(7) Tap Remove to remove the follower from your list.
How to Remove Followers on Twitter App
(1) Launch the Twitter app on your smartphone.
(2) Click the Profile icon at the top left corner and select Profile.
(3) Navigate to the Followers section and select a follower to remove.
(4) Tap the three-dotted icon near the follower’s name and hit the option Remove this follower on the pop-up menu.
(5) Finally, tap Remove to complete the process.
How to Block a Follower on Twitter App
Instead of removing a follower, you can block the follower on Twitter. By blocking the follower, he/she cannot send messages to you. In addition, you won’t be viewing the tweets of the blocked user on the home feed.
(1) Launch Twitter on your mobile.
(2) Navigate to the Profile section and open the Followers list.
(3) Choose a follower and hit the three-dotted icon.
(4) Tap Block to block the user on Twitter.
(5) Confirm the process by selecting the option Block.
How to Make Your Tweets Visible Only to Your Followers
(1) Open Twitter on your mobile.
(2) Tap the Profile icon at the top left and select the option Settings and Support.
(3) Click Settings and privacy from the drop-down menu.
(4) Locate and select the option Privacy and safety.
(5) Select Audience and tagging.
(6) Enable the option Protect your Tweets. Now, the tweets you are posting can be viewed only by your followers.
Other Twitter Guides:
- How to Change Profile Picture on Twitter
- How to Save Videos on Twitter
- How to Delete All Tweets on Twitter
- How to DM on Twitter
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can remove a Twitter follower without them knowing.
To remove a follower on Twitter without blocking them, click on the Profile icon → Profile → Followers → Select the follower → Click on the three-dotted icon → Remove this follower.
There is no daily limit to unfollowing your followers on Twitter.
If you use your Twitter account in private, the removed followers cannot see your post. If you use your Twitter account in public mode, everyone can view your posts, excluding the people you’ve blocked.