Smart TVs are now capable of performing more than it is expected. You can install various apps and start streaming your favorite movies and TV shows on the internet. LG Smart TV is one of the best Smart TV brands that sell TVs that run on WebOS. WebOS is uniquely designed for LG Smart TVs. It has a separate store called LG content store and you can install apps from the store. Sometimes, your screen might freeze or the TV might slow down due to any issue. If you are facing any such issues, then you can try to reset your LG Smart TV to factory settings.
Note: The TV might slow down due to the apps installed. Try to update the apps on your LG Smart TV and check whether the issue still persists or not.
How to Reset LG Smart TV to Factory Settings?
Use the below steps to reset LG Smart TV:
1. Power on your LG Smart TV.
2. Press the home button on your TV remote. This will open the menu options on your TV.
3. On the top-right corner, you will find the Settings icon. Open it.
4. On the Settings screen, go to the General section.
5. Scroll down to find “Reset to Initial Settings“. Use your remote and select it.
6. A confirmation screen will pop-up. Click “OK” to confirm your action.
7. If you have set the parental lock, then enter the password to reset your TV.
If you forget your LG TV password, then follow the steps below,
- Go to Settings.
- Go to the Lock section.
- A Pop-up will appear to enter your password.
- Now press the Mute key 3 times.
- A new pop-up window will appear to enter 6 digit pin.
- Use the master password “129472” to reset your four-digit password.
- Now enter the new password to reset the LG Smart TV password.
Alternative Methods to Reset LG Smart TV
Here are the three alternative methods to reset your LG Smart TV:
Using OK Button
- Press and hold the OK button on your remote and TV at the same time for a few seconds.
- Your TV will start the resetting process.
Using Menu Button
You can also use the Menu button to reset the TV. Some TVs might ask for pin and some might not.
Without Service PIN
- Press the Menu button on your remote and the Menu button on your TV at the same time to start the reset process.
With Service PIN
- Press and hold the Menu button on your remote and TV together.
- 4 digit password screen pops-out.
- Type the pin you set or enter the default pin to continue. Here are the common passwords (8741, 8743, 8878, 7777, 0000, 0413).
- The reset process will start immediately.
Using Power Button
With this you can reset without remote. This will erase the TV’s lock.
- Press and hold the power button on your TV.
- The TV will start resetting.
Note: This method is applicable on a few LG TVs.
Resetting to factory settings has large to do. This means you are deleting all the information stored on your TV. And also all the settings go to its default mode. This means your TV’s software and functions will be just like when you bought it. So if finding any issues try restarting or forced restarting first.
Still confused? Get that cleared in the comment section below.