- LG Smart TV (webOS): Settings → General → Reset to Initial Settings → Click Yes.
- LG TV (Netcast): Settings → Option → Factory Reset → Tap Yes.
- You can also reset your LG TV without the TV remote by using the LG ThinQ App or physical buttons on the TV.
LG Smart TV is a popular TV that offers tons of in-built features. You can download any apps on LG TV from the LG Content Store. The LG TV has several pre-installed apps like YouTube, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and more. Sometimes, users may face streaming issues like application freeze, black screen, etc. Normally, these issues are resolved by restarting or updating the LG Smart TV. If the problem continues, you need to reset your LG TV to fix it. Resetting your LG Smart TV wipes out all the data and settings on your TV. You can easily reset your LG Smart TV in the TV Settings. In addition, you can also reset your LG Smart TV using the physical buttons on the TV or by using the LG ThinQ mobile app.
How to Reset LG Smart TV to Factory Settings [webOS]
1. Power on your LG Smart TV.
2. Press the home button on your TV remote. This will open the Menu option on your TV.
3. Click the Settings icon on the top-right corner.
4. Tap the option General.
5. Scroll down to the option Reset to Initial Settings and select it.
6. A confirmation screen will pop up. Click OK to confirm your action.
7. If prompted, enter the password to reset your TV.
If you forget your LG TV password, then follow the steps below
Go to Settings → Safety → Reset PIN Code → Enter 0000 → Create a PIN number → Again, type the PIN number you have created → Tap OK.
How to Reset LG Smart TV to Factory Settings [Netcast]
If you are using LG Smart TVs with NetcastOS, refer to the steps below to reset the TV.
1. Power ON your LG Smart TV and click the Settings icon on the home screen.
2. Scroll down and select Option on the left pane.
3. Tap the option Factory Reset.
4. Click Yes on the pop-up to confirm the reset.
How to Reset LG Smart TV Without Remote
There are two ways to reset the LG Smart TV without using the remote.
1. Using Buttons on the TV
★ Power Button:
- Locate the Power button on your LG Smart TV. You can find the Power button on the side or bottom of your TV.
- Press the Power button for 10-15 seconds until the screen turns black.
☆ Menu, Channels, or Volume buttons:
- Press the Menu button on your LG TV.
- Then, use the Channels or Volume buttons to navigate to Settings.
- Click General → Select Reset to Initial Settings → Tap the Yes button to hard reset your LG TV.
2. Using LG ThinQ App
1. Install the LG ThingQ app on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Launch the LG ThinQ app and follow the on-screen instructions to pair your LG Smart TV.
3. Once paired, you will see the control buttons on the app’s interface.
4. Look for the Settings icon and click it.
5. Navigate to the option General.
6. Hit the option Reset to Initial Settings to reset your LG Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
To restart, turn off the LG Smart TV and unplug the TV from the wall outlet. Wait for 50-60 seconds and connect the plug to the wall outlet and turn On your LG TV.
Yes. You can reset LG Smart TV without a remote by using the buttons on the TV.
Go to LG Content Store → Click Apps → Select My Apps → Tap Update All to update the apps on LG TV.