Google Chromebook is a thin laptop configured with the Chrome operating system. It is the only software app that runs with the Chrome OS. If you want to buy a laptop at a low cost, you can go for a Chromebook without any doubt. Because it functions almost like a traditional laptop. It offers many features like instant resume from sleep, automatic updates, one audio jack, etc. However, sometimes the device may not function smoothly. In such situations, you can always restart the device. It is a simple process, and you can do it in 2 to 5 minutes. If you want to know the procedure to restart your Chromebook, go ahead with the below section of this guide.
How to Restart your Chromebook
If your Chromebook has any minor problems, you can restart your Chromebook to solve them. Here are the steps to restart.
1. Find out the Power key on the Chromebook keyboard. You may find the key in the upper right corner.
2. Press and hold the Power key for a few seconds until your Chromebook screen goes dark.
3. After 2 to 5 minutes, press the Power key again to boot up the Chromebook.
Related: How to Change Password on Chromebook [Step-By-Step Guide]
How to Restart a Chromebook to Install Updates
If your Chromebook needs to be updated to the latest version of the software, you have to restart the device to install the update. So go ahead with the below-given steps to install the update on your device.
1. On your Chromebook, select the Notification Panel from the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. From that, you will get the Quick Settings menu.
3. In that menu, click on the Restart to Update menu.
4. Now, the Chromebook will restart, and the update will be installed. And you can access the device smoothly.
How to Hard Reset a Chromebook
If you have encountered major issues with the hardware of the Chromebook, without a second thought, you can go for the hard reset option.
1. Press and hold the Power key to restart your device.
2. Once done, find out the Refresh key, which looks like a circular arrow. You can find the button from the top row of the keyboard.
3. Now, press and hold the Refresh key and Power button simultaneously.
4. Release the Refresh key when the Chromebook restarts.
Related: How to Chromecast Udemy in 2 Simple Ways
Chromebook is extremely lightweight, like ultrabooks that essentially don’t require heavy processing power. They rely more on cloud services and Google apps to function. And it is also popular in education circles. If your Chromebook brings in some issues, use this article to solve the problems by restarting the device. Also, you have got any queries related to this article, drop us a comment below.