Amazon Firestick is one of the best streaming devices that can make your TV smarter. You can download and install the apps to stream various contents on your TV. Due to installing more apps, your Firestick might get hung or freeze. During such events, restarting your Firestick will be the universal solution. There are different ways to restart your Firestick, and here are the most common ways.
How to Restart Amazon Firestick?
There are three different ways to restart your Amazon Firestick:
- Using your Remote
- Using Settings
- Hard Restart
How to Restart your Firestick using the Remote?
By using certain key combinations on your Firestick remote, you can restart the device. This is the easiest and the quickest way to restart.
- Press and hold the Play or Pause button on your Amazon Firestick remote along with the Select button. Hold the buttons together for about 5-10 seconds.
- Your Firestick will reboot automatically.
This is another method to restart your device. If your device is responding properly, then you can use this method to restart.
1. From your Amazon Firestick home screen, go to Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, choose My Fire TV. In some versions, it will be named as Device.
3. Under My Fire TV setting, choose Restart.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, click Restart again.
An on-screen message appears stating “Your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick” is powering off. The device will turn off and turn on automatically.
Hard Restart Amazon Firestick
The above methods work when your Amazon Firestick responds to your remote. If your Firestick is not responding, then you have to hard restart it.
- Just unplug the device from the power source.
- Leave it for 20-30 seconds.
- Then plug the device into the power source again.
Related: How to Set up Amazon Firestick?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any other way to restart your Firestick?
No, these are the three ways. Although you can use your mobile phone instead of the remote to control your Firestick.
2. What if Restarting is not fixing my issues?
If restarting doesn’t fix the issue, then reset your Firestick to Factory settings to fix the issue.
3. How to Reset Amazon Firestick to Factory Settings?
Go to Settings >> My Fire TV or Device >> Reset to Factory Defaults >> Reset. You can also press and hold the right navigation key and the back button for about 10-15 seconds to Reset.