Taking a screenshot on Chromebook is as simple as taking it on a Windows PC. Chromebook allows you to take screenshots with simple shortcuts and keyboard commands. Chromebook has different manufacturers and you might find it difficult to take a screenshot of the manufacturer you are using. We have listed out all the possible ways to take a screenshot on Chromebook and we are pretty sure that most of the below methods will work on all Chromebooks.
How to Take a Screenshot on Chromebook?
Here are the different ways to take a screenshot on Chromebook:
- Using the Screen Capture option
- Using Keyboard Shortcuts
- To capture fullscreen
- To capture part of the screen
- Capture with Stylus
- Using Chrome extensions and Third-party apps
How to Take a Screenshot on Chromebook using the Screen Capture option?
Chromebook has an option called “Screen Capture” to take screenshots.
1. Click on the Quick Settings option.
2. Select the Screen Capture option available in Quick Settings.
3. The Screen Capture toolbar will appear. To capture the entire screen, select the below option and click anywhere on the screen.
4. To capture only a part of the screen, select the below option and choose the part of the screen you want to capture.
Note: You can also use this option to screen record on Chromebook as well. In the above image, choose the video option to record your Chromebook screen.
How to Take a Screenshot on Chromebook using a Keyboard shortcut?
You can also capture the screenshot using the below shortcut key as well.
1. To capture full screen
- Hold the Control key and press the Switch key.
- Or hold the Control Key and press the F5 key.
2. To capture part of the Screen
- Hold Control plus Shift Key and press the Switch key.
- Or hold Control plus Shift Key and then press the F5 key.
Use your mouse and drag it to select the area which you would like to capture. If you feel difficulty in dragging using the touchpad, you can connect your Chromebook to a Wireless mouse and easily select the required area.
How to Capture a Screenshot with Stylus?
This method will be useful only in the cases of using a Chromebook with a stylus. If you are using Pixelbook or Chromebook plus or Pixelbook pen then you can use this method.
- On the lower-left corner, click on the stylus a pen-shaped icon.
- Select the Capture Screen option, which allows you to capture the entire screen.
- Select the Capture Region if you want to capture a part of the screen.
How to Capture Screenshots with Chrome extensions?
You can also third-party apps to capture screenshots on your Chromebook. There are many third-party apps that allow you to edit and crop screenshots as well.
It includes the screen recording feature. You can scroll through the screen, and your activities would be recorded as a video.
This tool can be used to capture the entire website into a single image. This is useful for someone who wants to share a completely detailed image.
Nimbus Screenshot and screen video recorder
It allows you to edit, and crop the images you screenshot. You can also record your activities on the screen with this app.
Apart from capturing your screen, you can use this tool to edit the images for a better result.
Tip: Chromebook allows you to use plenty of features in developer mode. Enable developer mode on Chromebook and start using the new features.
Your screenshots will be saved in the Downloads folder by default. You can edit or use the screenshot, which is available in the Downloads folder. These are the different ways to screenshot on Chromebook.