Nowadays, smartwatches are getting smarter day by day. A lot of new features are being added for user convenience. With the Apple Watch, you can get to know your blood oxygen level and measure ECG anytime. Like this, revolutionary features are available in Samsung Galaxy Watch too. One of the features is the Auto-Pause feature. You can turn off or turn on the Auto-Pause feature on your Samsung Galaxy Watch based on your preferences.
Auto Pause on Samsung Galaxy Watch is one of the fascinating features. It will detect your workout automatically and pause the workout timings when you are taking any rest. With the Auto Pause, you will get to know the exact duration of your workout time, neglecting the rest periods. But, for some users, the Auto Pause feature is not working well. So, many of the users are turning off the Auto-Pause feature on the Samsung Galaxy Watch.
Related: How to Stream Spotify on Samsung Galaxy Watch
Turn off Auto Pause on Samsung Galaxy Watch
(1) Press the Home button to open the Apps section on your Samsung Galaxy Watch.
(2) Go to the Samsung Health app (Running shaped icon).
(3) Scroll down to the bottom and open the Settings option.
(4) On the Settings menu, scroll down a little and tap on the Workout detection option.
(5) Turn off the Alerts toggle. It will turn off all the Auto Pause activities while you are working out.
(6) Scroll down and choose Activities to detect to turn off Auto Pause for a specific activity.
(7) Now, different activities like Walking/Running, Cycling, Swimming, and Rowing machine will appear. Turn off the toggle that you want to turn off the Auto Pause function.
(8) Turn off the Record location toggle to disable recording of the location while walking and running.
(9) Tap on the Help option to get any help or assistance to understand the features.
(10) It will describe the feature and how it works.
(11) On the bottom of the Help screen, you will see the HR (Heart Rate) settings option.
(12) In the HR settings screen, you can set time intervals to check the activity. You can choose either Measure continuously or Every 10 mins.
Related: How to Turn Off Samsung Galaxy Watch
Turning off Auto-Pause will minimize the background activity and conserve battery consumption. Turn on the Auto Pause when you are working out. You can use the feature only when it is necessary. In case of any queries with the above guide, then please mention them in the comments section.
You can turn off the automatic workout detection in the Samsung Health app on the Galaxy Watch.
You can restart the Samsung Watch to check the Samsung Health app. The app can be uninstalled and reinstalled. You have to update the Samsung Watch for efficient functioning.