- Turn Off Auto Pause: Press the Home button → Open Samsung Health App → Click Settings → Tap Workout detection → Disable Alerts.
- You can also turn Off Auto Pause for a specific activity like running, cycling, etc.
Nowadays, smartwatches are getting smarter day by day. A lot of new features are being added for user convenience. With the Samsung Galaxy Watch, you can download apps, track health, and more. One of the best features of the Galaxy Watch is the Auto-Pause feature. Auto Pause on Samsung Galaxy Watch detects your workout automatically and pauses the workout timings when you are taking a rest. With the Auto Pause, you will get to know the exact duration of your workout time, neglecting the rest periods.
You can turn Off or turn On the Auto-Pause feature on your Samsung Galaxy Watch based on your preferences. The Auto pause feature does not suit some people. If you intend to turn it Off, you can do it from the Samsung Health app. Turning off Auto-Pause minimizes the background activity and conserve battery consumption.
How to Disable Auto Pause on Samsung Galaxy Watch
(1) Turn On your Samsung Galaxy Watch and tap the Power/Home button to open the Apps section on Galaxy Watch.
(2) Navigate to the Samsung Health app (Running shaped icon).
(3) Scroll down to the bottom and tap the Settings option.
(4) On the Settings menu, locate and hit the Workout detection option.
(5) Turn off the Alerts toggle to disable Auto Pause on Galaxy Watch.
(6) Scroll down and choose Activities to detect to turn off Auto Pause for a specific activity.
(7) Different activities like walking/running, cycling, swimming, and rowing will appear. Turn off the toggle that you want to turn off the Auto Pause function.
(8) Turn off the Record location toggle to disable the location recording while walking and running.
(9) Tap on the Help option to get help or assistance to understand the features.
(10) It will describe the feature and how it works.
(11) On the bottom of the Help screen, you will see the HR (Heart Rate) settings option.
(12) In the HR settings screen, you can set time intervals to check the activity. You can choose either to Measure continuously or Every 10 mins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can turn off the automatic workout detection from the Samsung Health app on the Galaxy Watch.
This happens due to the Auto-pause feature on your Galaxy watch 5. If you have enabled the Auto-pause on the Galaxy Watch, disable it to resolve the issue.
To turn off Samsung Galaxy Watch, press the side button on the Galaxy Watch and tap the Power Off option displayed on the screen.