Nowadays, smartwatches are getting smarter day by day. A lot of new features are being added for user convenience. In the upcoming Apple Watch Series 6, you can get to know your blood oxygen level and can take ECG anytime. Like this, revolutionary features are available in Samsung Galaxy Watch too. One of the features is the Auto-Pause feature. You can turn off or turn on the Auto Pause feature on your Samsung Galaxy Watch based on your preferences.
Auto Pause on Samsung Galaxy Watch is one of the fascinating features. It will detect your workout automatically and pause the workout timings when you are taking rest. With the Auto Pause, you will get to know the exact duration of your workout time neglecting the rest periods. But, for some users, the Auto Pause feature is not working well. So, many of the users are turning off the Auto Pause feature on the Samsung Galaxy Watch.
Related: Spotify on Samsung Galaxy Watch
Turn off Auto Pause on Samsung Galaxy Watch
(1) Press the Home button to open the Apps section on your Samsung Galaxy Watch.
(2) Go to the Samsung Health app (Running shaped icon).
(3) Scroll down to the bottom and open the Settings option.
(4) On the Settings menu, scroll down a little and tap on the Workout detection option.
(5) Turn off the Alerts toggle. It will turn off all the Auto Pause activities while you are working out.
(6) If you want to turn off Auto Pause for a specific activity, scroll down, and choose Activities to detect.
(7) Now, different activities like Walking/Running, Cycling, Swimming, Rowing machine will appear. Turn off the toggle that you want to turn off Auto Pause from.
(8) If you don’t want to record location while walking and running, turn off the Record location toggle.
(9) If you need any help or assistance to understand the features, tap on the Help option.
(10) It will describe the feature and how it works.
(11) On the bottom of the Help screen, you will see the HR (Heart Rate) settings option.
(12) In the HR settings screen, you can set time intervals to check the activity. You can choose either Measure continuously or Every 10 mins.
Related: How to Turn Off Galaxy Watch?
This is how you turn off the Auto Pause on your Samsung Galaxy Watch. Turning off Auto Pause will minimize the background activity and conserve the battery consumption. Turn on the Auto Pause when you are working out, use the feature only when it is necessary.