Xbox One controller is one of the popular gaming consoles. The gamers love to play games using this console. And with this controller, we can also play movies and TV shows, even in 4K resolution. It is good to turn off your controller properly to save battery life, and it is a very easy process. You can turn off the controller through Bluetooth and Console. In this article, let’s discuss how to turn off the Xbox One controller in two different ways.
How to Turn Off Xbox One Controller via Bluetooth
1) Find the Xbox button on the center top of your controller.
2) Press and hold it for six seconds.
3) The controller will turn off automatically.
4) When you turn it on again, it will reconnect automatically to the last connected device.
Note: Remember, if you press the Xbox button for 15 seconds, it will hard reset your controller.
Alternative Way (Using Console)
1) Connect your Xbox controller to the console.
2) Now, press and hold down the Xbox button for 3 seconds.
3) A new pop-up will appear on the screen to which your console is connected.
4) In that, select Turn Controller Off.
If you don’t find this method is working, then remove the batteries from your controller to turn it off.
How to Turn Off Xbox One Controller Auto Sleep
To turn off your controller auto-sleep, you can check the auto sleep mode in the control panel settings. You can find this option in all the latest console models.
If you don’t find the auto sleep option, you can use a micro USB cable or a USB charging cable to plug into the console. It will stop your controller from going to sleep.
And finally, you can also use an extra rubber strap to tie the control button. So the controller assumes that someone is pressing a button to play a game, and it will not go to sleep mode.
Related: How to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC [3 Easy Ways]
If you have a wired Controller, then you can unplug it from your console to turn it off. We hope using the steps given in this article, you can turn off your controller quickly. If you have any queries, you can always ask us, and most welcomed to share your feedback with us in the comment section.