Avast is a freemium Antivirus software compatible with different devices, including Windows and Mac. This Antivirus software protects your system from malware and spyware. It has several in-built features such as sandbox, ransomware shield, virus scans, and more. Avast is one of the best Antivirus tools for Mac, Windows, Android, etc. The free version of this Antivirus only offers limited features. To experience more features, you need to get a premium version. If you are planning to use other Antivirus software like McAfee Antivirus, then you need to uninstall the Avast app from your PC. Before deleting the app on your computer, make sure to cancel the Avast Antivirus subscription.
How to Disable Self-Defense Mode on Avast Antivirus
The Self Defense mode in the Avast Antivirus is enabled by default. This feature restricts you from uninstalling the software. So, you need to disable this feature before uninstalling the Avast Antivirus.
(1) Open the Avast application on your PC.
(2) Click on the Menu option in the top right corner.
(3) Select the Settings from the pop-up menu.
(4) Now, navigate to the General tab exhibited in the side menu bar.
(5) Select the option Troubleshooting from the General settings.
(6) Untick the box placed left to the option Enable Self-Defense to disable it.
(7) Tap OK on the confirmation page to complete the process.
After disabling the Self-Defense mode, you can follow the steps given below to uninstall the Avast antivirus from your PC.
How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus on Windows PC
There are different ways to delete Avast Antivirus from Windows PC. The most common ways to uninstall the software are listed below.
Using Control Panel
(1) Tap the Search icon displayed near the Start button.
(2) Type Control Panel on the search bar.
(3) Select and open the Control Panel on your Windows PC.
(4) Tap the option Programs on the Control Panel screen.
(5) Click the option Uninstall a program displayed under Program and Features.
(6) Locate and right-click the Avast Antivirus from the list of apps.
(7) Tap Yes, and you will be directed to the Avast configuration page.
(8) Select the Uninstall button and confirm the process by clicking the option Yes on the pop-up menu.
(9) That’s. You have successfully uninstalled the Avast Antivirus from your Windows PC.
Using Apps & Features
(1) Click the Search icon displayed in the taskbar of your Windows PC.
(2) Enter Apps & features on the search bar and click it.
(3) On the Apps & feature, scroll down and click the Avast Antivirus.
(4) Select the option Uninstall displayed under the app.
(5) Again, tap Uninstall again and click Yes on the pop-up.
(6) You will see the Avast Configuration screen on your PC.
(7) Hit the option Uninstall and tap Yes to remove the app from your Windows PC.
How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus on Mac
(1) Unlock your Mac and launch the Avast app.
(2) Tap Avast Security exhibited in the menu bar at the top.
(3) Select Uninstall Avast Security from the drop-down.
(4) You will be navigated to the Avast Security Uninstaller screen. Here, click the Continue button to proceed further.
(5) Enter your Mac password and click the option Installer Helper.
(6) If prompted, again enter your Mac password to delete the app from Mac.
(7) Wait for the app to uninstall from your Mac.
(8) Once uninstalled, tap the option Finish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check whether the Avast setup is running in the background. If it is not completed, wait for the setup process to complete and uninstall the app. Then, make sure to disable the Self Defense feature in the Avast Antivirus before deleting the app.
Yes, you can use the Avast antivirus for free.
* To uninstall the Avast Antivirus on Windows 11, click the Search icon in the taskbar.
* Type Apps & Features and open it. Select the Avast Antivirus from the apps list and tap the option Uninstall to remove the app from Windows 11.