- Unsend Messages: Launch iMessage → Choose a Contact → Send a message → Press and hold the message → Tap Undo Send.
- Edit Messages: Open iMessage → Select a Contact → Send a message → Long-press the message → Click Edit → Edit the message → Tap the blue tick mark.
Apple frequently releases new iOS updates for iPhones and iPads. One of the most expected iOS updates of 2022 is iOS 16.0. This update includes many useful features. The best feature of the iOS 16 update is the Unsend Messages. You can edit or delete the message you’ve already sent on your iPhone by selecting the option Undo Send. To access the unsend messages feature on your iPhone, you must have iPhone 8 or a later model and ensure to update the iPhone to the latest version, iOS 16.
Note: The Undo Send feature only works with the iPhone running iOS 16. If the receiver has Android or earlier models of iPhone, you can’t unsend the message.
How to Unsend Messages on iPhone
(1) Launch the iMessage app on your iPhone.
(2) Tap a contact name from the list and send a message to that person.
(3) Long-press the message you want to unsend and select the option Undo Send from the popup.
(4) Now, the message will disappear, and the receiver cannot see the message you have deleted. But, the receiver will find a text “You unsent a message” below the newly sent message.
How to Edit Messages on the iMessage App
If you wish to edit a message which you’ve already sent, refer to the below steps. Remember that you need to edit the message within 15 minutes of sending it.
(1) Open the iMessage app on your iPhone.
(2) Choose a contact and send a text message.
(3) Long-press the message and hit the option Edit to edit the message.
(4) After editing the message, tap the blue tick mark to resend the edited message. Once sent, you will find the text “Edited” below the message.
Features of iOS 16:
The most important features of the iOS 16 update are given below.
- Lockscreen customization.
- Lockdown Mode.
- Haptic iPhone keyboard.
- Unsend Messages.
- Live Text OCR.
- Automatically bypass CAPTCHA Verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can unsend the message on iMessage within 2 minutes of sending it.
The unsend message feature is available only on the iOS 16 version. If you use an earlier iPhone model, you can’t unsend a message.
iPhone 8 or later models running on the iOS 16 version can unsend or edit a message on iMessage.