Vizio has an inexpensive smart TV lineup with an impressive feature-set. Unlike other smart TVs, not all of the Vizio TV has hundreds of apps support. Some of the models with the Smartcast feature has a limited number of app built-in to the device. Such models require update firmware to update the apps. So, you cannot update those apps on Smartcast Vizio TV. But if you have Vizio Internet App or VIA smart TV, then you can update the apps with ease. If you want to how to update apps on Vizio Smart TV, then check out this section.
Guidelines to Update Apps on Vizio Smart TV
Here is the step-by-step guidelines on updating apps on Vizio TV.
(1) First of all, you shall need to turn on your Vizio TV and connect it to internet.
(2) On the Vizio smart remote, press the VIA or V button to open Vizio app store.
(3) Under My Apps tab, choose any app to update it with the latest version.
(4) Press the Yellow button on the remote to view the app info screen.
(5) If you see the Update button, then select it to start updating the app.
When you don’t find Update button, then click on Delete button to remove the app. Restart TV and install the same app from Vizio App Store. This will give access to the latest version of that app.
Note: You can update the apps only after you add apps on Vizio Smart TV.
Updating the firmware of Vizio TV will inturn update the Vizio TV apps with the latest version.
(1) Navigate to the Settings section of Vizio smart TV
(2) Select System and highlight Check for Updates.
(3) When in case of an update, you will be prompted to confirm. Select Yes to update Vizio TV and apps.
Hope this section has better guided you with updating Vizio TV apps. In case if you have any queries, then ask us using the comments section.