Fire Stick is rather a budget-friendly option to be compatible with a wide range of streaming services. It runs on Fire OS and the system gets new updates every now and then. The new update will not only let you access new features but also fix any bugs or issues with the previous version. In addition, you shall need to update Amazon Firestick for improved performance. While Amazon releases new updates more frequently, Fire TV updates itself to the new version as soon as it gets an internet connection. However, it might require a manual updation at times when the automatic updates fail due to several reasons. Hence it is quintessential for the users to know how to update Amazon Firestick or Fire TV Stick.
Refer this link for a complete guide to set up Amazon Firestick.
How to Update Amazon Firestick or Fire TV Stick?
It is mandatory to update Fire TV to the latest version if you want to access the new-of-its features.
1. Select Settings option from the Firestick menu on its home screen.
2. Highlight to select My Fire TV option. Look for Devices or System in the older model Fire TV.
3. Use the remote keys to choose About option on the following screen.
4. Select Check for Updates option to find if there is any update available for the Fire TV. This will automatically update the Firestick with the latest update if any.
5. Alternatively when an update isn’t installed, you shall highlight Install System Update and press Select on the remote. This will reboot your Firestick to install the update.
The update will take 10 to 15 min based on internet speed. So, make sure you keep the Firestick plugged into the power source.
Updating your Firestick involves the above steps. It is important to connect your firestick to WiFi or internet connection to perform the update. In case of facing issues, you shall drop us a comment below.