Smart devices and smart homes are the next big thing in technology. In our daily life, we will use a minimum of three smart devices. In the smart devices segment, Garmin has a huge line up of devices. Smartwatches, GPS devices, and more. Every smart device needs to be updated now and then. Here, we discuss how to update the GPS and Maps feature in Garmin products.
To update things like GPS and Map information, you need to connect your Garmin device to your Windows or macOS PC. The most important thing you need is the Garmin Express app on your PC. But, all the things you do in the Garmin Express are easy and simple.
How to Update Garmin GPS Using PC?
(1) On your PC, to to the Garmin website.
(2) Download the Garmin Express app for your Windows or Mac PC.
(3) Install the Garmin Express app on your PC.
(4) Now, connect your Gamin device to your PC with the micro-USB cable.
(5) Click the Add a Device button to add your device.
(6) When the device is detected, you will get the below screen.
(7) Enter the email address and click the Next button.
(8) If you want you can give a nickname to your device. Nickname is for identification purposes.
(9) Now, it will ask you to either share the information with Garmin or not. Click the Yes button.
(10) When a new update is available, click the Update All button.
(11) Wait for the update to complete. While updating maps, you also need to update the software.
(12) If there is an update for Maps and GPS, it will automatically be updated in the process.
(13) When the update is completed, you will get the notification on the top of the app.
Update Garmin GPS: Troubleshoot Tips
If you have any issues or you can’t update the GPS on your Garmin device, do these troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue.
Remove the Device
As a first step, remove the device from the Garmin Express app. Click on the Device and choose Tools & Content. Scroll down to the bottom and click the Remove Device button. After the removal, re-add the device and try again.
Uninstall the Garmin Express App
If the device’s removal is not working for you, you can uninstall the Garmin Express app on your PC. Then, install the app from the Garmin Website and try again.
These are the specific issues for updating the GPS on the Garmin device. You can also try common solutions like restarting your PC, connecting to a different internet connection, or try again later.
Related: How to Change Garmin Watch Face?
These are the steps you need to follow to update Garmin GPS. Check for updates at least once a month and keep updating your Garmin device to get new features. If you are having issues in the updating process, try the troubleshooting tips. If you have any specific issues, let us know in the comments below, we will suggest a solution.